"But they're always welcome". What's more exciting is that on Saturday, the first day of the second stage, Argentina's Lionel Messi and Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo will be in action!
That result means a tricky tie against Spain, who needed a stoppage-time equaliser from Iago Aspas to avoid defeat against Morocco. The latest odds and betting lines have Brazil and Spain as the heavy favorites.
Amazingly, it is the first time in eight decades that Germany have failed to make it past the opening round of World Cup competition. We gave a bad picture in the three games.
Mourinho, 55, has particularly fond memories of the Mexico World Cup in 1986, and especially a stunning goal scored by Mexico's Manuel Negrete in the last 16 match against Bulgaria in front of 114,000 fans at a raucous Azteca stadium. Brazil are unbeaten and have only conceded one goal so far, but there is a sense there is more to come from a squad that qualified at a canter from the notoriously tough South American section under head coach Tite.
Denmark have reached the Round of 16 without really standing out, although they've certainly enjoyed a standout moment at the tournament.
But the 20-year-old student was determined to look on the bright side.
Midfielder Matic Admits Brazil's Superiority Showed Against Serbia
An injury to Marcelo in the early ten minutes of the game was a blow but the Selacao recovered with Neymar in the tick of affairs. Four years ago, Paulinho was part of the Brazil team that was humiliated at home in a 7-1 drubbing by Germany in the semifinals.
In stark contrast, the paper had used the same headline in 2014, alongside a photo of an elated Kroos, when Germany beat Brazil 7-1 in the World Cup semi-final.
The Real Madrid star bagged four goals in his first two games, taking his total World Cup tally up to seven. England now top the group and need only a draw to make it to the next round as group toppers.
Spain looked suspect defensively last time out against Morocco, but Russian Federation haven't scored a World Cup goal against European opposition on European soil since 1982 against Belgium.
South Korea had a shock victory over holders Germany in their final game of the tournament but it wasn't enough to take them through to the knockouts.
Sweden's Ludwig Augustinsson put his side ahead against Mexico and in return, he sank Germany's hopes of progressing. Sweden topped the group, and Italy went home.
"We were in the England end and we clearly were a rarity".
- Lakers reportedly aiming to have LeBron James team up with Chris Paul
- U.S. to Present North Korea with Timeline Outlining Specific Requests
- Trump Rages Against Harley Davidson Via Twitter, Casting Blame
- Argentina players stage coup against Jorge Sampaoli before Nigeria clash
- Divided European Union leaders hold talks on migration
- ‘Abolish ICE!’ 575 arrested after protesters occupy US Senate building (PHOTOS, VIDEOS)
- Serena Williams is given the No. 25 seed for Wimbledon
- Gareth Southgate admits knives will be out if England lose to Colombia
- US Mideast peace plan to be announced soon: Kushner
- Book award drops Laura Ingalls Wilder's name over her lack of 'inclusiveness'