"There are 400,000 people who have signed up, people who are going to be wearing white at rallies across the country".
Protests are being planned in big cities like Washington, Los Angeles and NY as well as smaller communities across the nation, including in Appalachia and the Midwest.
Loretta Fudoli took a bus to Washington from Conway, Arkansas, to join Thursday's protest.
"This country has finally been exposed to the brutality and inhumanity of immigration enforcement, " she said.
Daily images are still emerging of distraught immigrant children separated from parents and not yet reunited, despite an executive order last week ending the policy of summarily tearing families apart and arresting the adults after anyone is caught crossing the border illegally.
The demonstrators demanded Congress to end ICE as they condemned the "zero tolerance" immigration policy.
Harden wins first career NBA MVP award
Backstage, Robertson commended the activism of today's players, although he wondered why more white athletes aren't speaking out. Dwane Casey earned Coach of the Year honors after guiding the Raptors to a first-place finish in the Eastern Conference.
"These folks are out here fighting for the core principles of our nation, and I applaud them for it", Merkley said in an interview.
Democratic senators Mazie Hirono, Tammy Duckworth, Kirsten Gillibrand and Jeff Merkley, who have been critical of Trump's immigration policies, spoke with some of the protesters.
As the marchers passed the Trump International Hotel, which is run by the president's company, they chanted, "Shame!"
Saturday's rallies, which are being organized under a "Families Belong Together" banner, are getting funding and support from several large organizations, including the American Civil Liberties Union and MoveOn.org.
It is rare that the Capitol Police would arrest a member on Capitol grounds.
"I met with all 174 of the women that were there, and it was absolutely heartbreaking to hear their stories, to hear about how their children had been taken away". "The die-hards among us could go to the border, but we really needed to have something that got people in the streets, that hundreds of thousands could participate in". They were charged with unlawful demonstration.
"At this moment, there is actually different momentum around immigration". "I think that the inhumanity of this policy is activating new people who haven't been activated into the resistance before".
- Novak Djokovic hopes are dashed as Marin Cilic clinches Queen's title
- Lakers Receiving Pressure To Trade For Kawhi Leonard Because of LeBron
- Colombia feeling pressure of potential early World Cup exit
- Trump gets new Supreme Court pick as critical 'swing vote' resigns
- Prince William kicks off busy day in Israel at Holocaust memorial
- U.S. to Present North Korea with Timeline Outlining Specific Requests
- Trump calls for deporting illegal immigrants with 'no judges or court cases'
- Argentina players stage coup against Jorge Sampaoli before Nigeria clash
- Divided European Union leaders hold talks on migration
- A Strawberry Moon will sweeten up the night sky tonight