"There are 400,000 people who have signed up, people who are going to be wearing white at rallies across the country".
Protests are being planned in big cities like Washington, Los Angeles and NY as well as smaller communities across the nation, including in Appalachia and the Midwest.
Loretta Fudoli took a bus to Washington from Conway, Arkansas, to join Thursday's protest.
"This country has finally been exposed to the brutality and inhumanity of immigration enforcement, " she said.
Daily images are still emerging of distraught immigrant children separated from parents and not yet reunited, despite an executive order last week ending the policy of summarily tearing families apart and arresting the adults after anyone is caught crossing the border illegally.
The demonstrators demanded Congress to end ICE as they condemned the "zero tolerance" immigration policy.
Midfielder Matic Admits Brazil's Superiority Showed Against Serbia
An injury to Marcelo in the early ten minutes of the game was a blow but the Selacao recovered with Neymar in the tick of affairs. Four years ago, Paulinho was part of the Brazil team that was humiliated at home in a 7-1 drubbing by Germany in the semifinals.
"These folks are out here fighting for the core principles of our nation, and I applaud them for it", Merkley said in an interview.
Democratic senators Mazie Hirono, Tammy Duckworth, Kirsten Gillibrand and Jeff Merkley, who have been critical of Trump's immigration policies, spoke with some of the protesters.
As the marchers passed the Trump International Hotel, which is run by the president's company, they chanted, "Shame!"
Saturday's rallies, which are being organized under a "Families Belong Together" banner, are getting funding and support from several large organizations, including the American Civil Liberties Union and MoveOn.org.
It is rare that the Capitol Police would arrest a member on Capitol grounds.
"I met with all 174 of the women that were there, and it was absolutely heartbreaking to hear their stories, to hear about how their children had been taken away". "The die-hards among us could go to the border, but we really needed to have something that got people in the streets, that hundreds of thousands could participate in". They were charged with unlawful demonstration.
"At this moment, there is actually different momentum around immigration". "I think that the inhumanity of this policy is activating new people who haven't been activated into the resistance before".
- Sampaoli sure Argentina can find feet against France
- What's that extra in my online cart? Soon, maybe a sales tax
- U.S. to Present North Korea with Timeline Outlining Specific Requests
- Serena Williams is given the No. 25 seed for Wimbledon
- McEnroe calls On Wimbledon chiefs to show sense as Williams returns
- Trump gets new Supreme Court pick as critical 'swing vote' resigns
- Salah to Egypt fans: We are sorry, these players are still young
- A Strawberry Moon will sweeten up the night sky tonight
- Book award drops Laura Ingalls Wilder's name over her lack of 'inclusiveness'
- Argentina players stage coup against Jorge Sampaoli before Nigeria clash