"Thanks to each of you who shared your awesome journey to (and through) parenthood with us, and to every grandparent, aunt, uncle, brother and sister who's built a couch-cushion rocket ship, made up a hero adventure, or invented something goeey". "Promise us just this one thing: Don't ever grow up".
The iconic giraffe is not the only one disappointed by an early retirement from Toys R Us, as thousands of (human) employees have also been laid off in the wake of the store's closing.
KB Toys, which filed for bankruptcy and closed all USA stores in 2009, is also said to be mulling a comeback.
Toys R Us posted a touching final message on its last day of business.
Book award drops Laura Ingalls Wilder's name over her lack of 'inclusiveness'
On Saturday, a division of the American Library Association voted to remove Wilder's name from the Laura Ingalls Wilder Medal. The books inspired the hugely popular 1974-1983 television series Little House on the Prairie starring Melissa Gilbert.
Toys R Us filed for Chapter 11 reorganization last fall and pledged to stay open, but had poor sales during the critical holiday season as customers and vendors shied away. The photo shows Geoffrey The Giraffe saying goodbye in an empty Toys "R" Us store, with a suitcase in hand.
In the UK, Toys R Us shut its final locations in April, but watching the animal waving goodbye really marks an end of an era.
Many long-time employees were hoping to retire at a place they called home.
It's been a rough year for Toys "R" Us, whose founder Charles Lazarus died aged 94 on March 22, the same day the company was scheduled to begin its liquidation sale. "It was the best job I had".
Jacob Rabon IV tweeted two of the photos with the caption: 'I can't believe childhood is cancelled'.
- Lakers Receiving Pressure To Trade For Kawhi Leonard Because of LeBron
- Sampaoli sure Argentina can find feet against France
- Salah to Egypt fans: We are sorry, these players are still young
- A Strawberry Moon will sweeten up the night sky tonight
- Samsung has finally agreed to pay up for copying the iPhone
- Trump rallies for GOP Senate candidate Kevin Cramer in North Dakota
- Apple to release new AirPods, HomePod, over-ear headphones in 2019?
- Harden wins first career NBA MVP award
- Divided European Union leaders hold talks on migration
- Gareth Southgate admits knives will be out if England lose to Colombia