"But it's just not fair if there is a player [who misses out] and it's me now".
The 23-time major singles champion was pregnant when Garbine Muguruza was crowned champion in South West London past year, but she will enter the first round next week as the 25th seed. "I don't think it's the right thing to do".
The 36-year-old American gave birth to a daughter last September and was off the tour for more than a year.
The US Open Grand Slam in NY has said it will update its seeding policy to take into account a player returning from a pregnancy.
Midfielder Matic Admits Brazil's Superiority Showed Against Serbia
An injury to Marcelo in the early ten minutes of the game was a blow but the Selacao recovered with Neymar in the tick of affairs. Four years ago, Paulinho was part of the Brazil team that was humiliated at home in a 7-1 drubbing by Germany in the semifinals.
Serena has said she believes players returning from pregnancy should have protected seedings in tournaments as well as protected rankings.
The All England Club usually follows the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) rankings, but it does have the right to make alterations in the interest of producing a "balanced draw".
"Why should I not be seeded if I have the right to be?"
Former Australian Open finalist Dominika Cibulkova, who is ranked No. 32 in the WTA rankings, is the player most disadvantaged by the decision to seed Serena Williams.
Wimbledon will release the draw on Friday. That's why, for example, eight-time Wimbledon champion Roger Federer's success on grass courts was taken into account when the All England Club bumped him up a spot to No. 1 on Wednesday, while top-ranked Rafael Nadal is seeded No. 2. The slide resulted from a near year-long absence triggered by a freak injury, in which she stepped on broken glass and later developed blood clots in her lungs following her 2010 Wimbledon championship. Petra Kvitova, the two-time champ who is seeded No. 8, pulled out of her third-round match at Eastbourne on Wednesday with a hamstring problem, putting her status for Wimbledon in doubt.
At 17 after her first Grand Slam title, the U.S. Open.
- Trump Rages Against Harley Davidson Via Twitter, Casting Blame
- U.S. to Present North Korea with Timeline Outlining Specific Requests
- Prince William kicks off busy day in Israel at Holocaust memorial
- US to send caskets to NKorea to return war remains
- Suspect arrested in Florida shooting death of rapper XXXTentacion
- Nigeria's reluctant tactical change paid dividends in Iceland win - Rohr
- Women in Saudi Arabia can now drive as longstanding ban ends
- Lakers reportedly aiming to have LeBron James team up with Chris Paul
- The "nuclear option" of streaming reality: Ask Australia's Optus
- Colombia feeling pressure of potential early World Cup exit