The Strawberry Moon got its name from the Algonquin Indian tribe, which gave a moniker to every month's full moon. It's the Rose Moon in Europe.
The pair will climb to its highest point for the night around midnight and will sit low in the west at dawn on June 28 and 29.
The full moon will be at its peak on Wednesday, June 27, 2018 at 9:53 p.m PT (on the west coast) and on Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 12:53 a.m. ET (on the east coast).
As with Saturn, the hot weather means that the moon will be clear in the night sky. When this happens, the Moon will not completely disappear from view under the shadow, it does however, take on a deep red, nearly burnt orange colour.
As you look at the pair, remember that Saturn is 35 times larger than the moon, but it's 3,400 times farther away, which is why it looks so small.
Colombia feeling pressure of potential early World Cup exit
The Asian giants have vowed to take an aggressive approach against Senegal , who are spearheaded by Liverpool forward Sadio Mane . There's very little to separate all four teams in this group, and it should be a fascinating evening.
If you have a telescope, you could even see Saturn's rings.
If you miss the Strawberry moon on Wednesday because of clouds, you can see it (just short of full) on Thursday evening, with Saturn just above the moon, to its upper right, at dusk. The view on the Eastern Seaboard will be nearly entirely obscured by clouds, which are expected to be thick as far west as the Ohio River Valley.
Cloud-free conditions will lead to uninterrupted views of Saturn for much of the western and central US on Wednesday night.
Those in the Midwest, Plains and parts of the South are expected to have good viewing conditions, although spotty thunderstorms could block the sky in some areas, Dolce said. McClure estimates that the total lunar eclipse will include partial eclipses that start at 6:24 UTC, or 2:24 p.m. EST, to 10:29 UTC, or 6:29 p.m. EST. But if you're not awake, don't worry: You can still check it out after the sun sets around 8:05 p.m. ET.
Washington - 8:13 p.m.
Miami - 7:56 p.m.
- Novak Djokovic hopes are dashed as Marin Cilic clinches Queen's title
- Divided European Union leaders hold talks on migration
- Bentley breaks SUV hillclimb record with Kiwi at the helm
- Luis Suarez Starts Up Front With Edinson Cavani In Uruguay Game
- Erdogan faces major test as Turks vote for president, parliament
- Samsung has finally agreed to pay up for copying the iPhone
- Trump gets new Supreme Court pick as critical 'swing vote' resigns
- Midfielder Matic Admits Brazil's Superiority Showed Against Serbia
- Lakers reportedly aiming to have LeBron James team up with Chris Paul
- Lakers Receiving Pressure To Trade For Kawhi Leonard Because of LeBron