In the first match of Day 12 of the FIFA World Cup saw Egypt taking on Saudi Arabia in one of the two matches from Group A to start simultaneously. Coming after back to back defeats both the teams were eagerly waiting for a win and it was Saudi Arabia in the end who defeated a much more heavy Egypt side 2-1 after the end of the regulation time.
"I think that in general we kept control of the pace, we kept possession. and I think that we deserved to win", Saudi coach Juan Antonio Pizzi said.
Juan Antonio Pizzi's men found the early rhythm as Hussain Al Moghawi was presented a few yards of open space and made a decision to test Essam El Hadary, but the effort was skewed wide.
Egypt's Essam El Hadary marked becoming the World Cup's oldest player with a brilliant penalty stop, but Saudi Arabia still beat Egypt 2-1.
Earlier, Mohamed Salah found the back of the net in the 22nd minute to hand Egypt an early lead in the game.
Salman Alfaraj got the Saudis level with a penalty kick in first-half stoppage time after Ali Gabr brought down Fahad Almuwallad in the area.
Trump Rages Against Harley Davidson Via Twitter, Casting Blame
It confirmed today that, as a result of the tariff squeeze, it will now move a decent-sized chunk of production outside of the US. Europe is Harley's second-largest market after the USA , and the company isn't willing to cede market share by raising prices.
He had no chance with Aldawsari's last-gasp victor, however.
The shot-stopper was given the nod for the Egyptian's in their dead rubber clash on Monday at the age of 45 years and 161 days old.
Edinson Cavani rounded off a third successive victory for the South Americans, who finish the first phase with a 100% record and are yet to concede a goal.
Ten minutes into the second half, Saudi Arabia almost took the lead as El-Hadary's clearance landed at the feet of Bahbri, who volleyed over the bar from 12-yards out.
Egypt were seeking a first World Cup win at their third tournament appearance but finished bottom of Group A as they lost to Uruguay and Russian Federation, before a 95th minute goal by Salem Al-Dawsari saw Saudi Arabia claim a late win on Monday.
- US to send caskets to NKorea to return war remains
- Harden wins first career NBA MVP award
- Suspect arrested in Florida shooting death of rapper XXXTentacion
- Gareth Southgate: ‘We wouldn’t swap Harry Kane for anyone’
- U.S. Space Force: President Trump Proposes 6th Military Branch
- What's that extra in my online cart? Soon, maybe a sales tax
- Supreme Court's Wayfair tax decision sidelines Quill
- The "nuclear option" of streaming reality: Ask Australia's Optus
- Nigeria's reluctant tactical change paid dividends in Iceland win - Rohr
- BJP rubbishes reports of JD(U) skipping yoga day event