Williams returned to the circuit in March this year after giving birth to her baby girl. Serena became the first woman over 30 to win Wimbledon since Martina Navratilova in 1990, while her 102 aces were the most in an All England Club campaign. "What's her name?" McEnroe replied.
'Forget the fact that she has won 23 majors and what she brings to the table.
Williams, a seven-time victor of the Wimbledon singles title, could miss out on being named as one of the 32 seeds after she took maternity leave for the birth of her first child.
Williams is a six-time U.S. Open champion, so she'll probably be seeded quite higher than her ranking unless she vaults up the rankings following an impressive showing at Wimbledon.
For the past several years, Serena Williams has been the dominant player here.
"You know, I have heard people say, yeah, well, she's had months to come back and play, but it's not so easy".
"I know it s going to be so important to go back, it s going to be an wonderful feeling to go on the court again and just remember a little bit the feelings from past year", Muguruza added.
Apple to release new AirPods, HomePod, over-ear headphones in 2019?
These were supposed to come out later this year, but they ran into issues and the release was pushed back to early next year. While this does fill in a few gaps in the Apple/Beats lineup of headphones, this is a roll of the dice for Apple.
The former world number one made her comeback in March after giving birth a year ago and is 183 in the rankings. That's me coming from a different viewpoint'.
"I don't think there would be a player that would complain, especially the top ones, if she was one of the top eight".
And Wozniacki wants them to make an exception - a decision which would also reduce the risk of her facing Williams in the early rounds. Nor should they, in my opinion'.
However they can be altered by a committee if necessary to produce a more balanced draw, although there were no changes a year ago.
The Council argues that the players effectively earn their seedings via their positions in the world rankings, which are based on their performances over the previous 12 months.
'I am disappointed to inform you that I was forced to pull out of the Wimbledon championship which will start next week, ' he posted on Twitter.
- Lakers reportedly aiming to have LeBron James team up with Chris Paul
- U.S. to Present North Korea with Timeline Outlining Specific Requests
- Supreme Court rules in favor of online sales tax
- Suspect arrested in Florida shooting death of rapper XXXTentacion
- Women in Saudi Arabia can now drive as longstanding ban ends
- Prince William kicks off busy day in Israel at Holocaust memorial
- Catholic priest slaps baby then grabs its face during Christening
- The "nuclear option" of streaming reality: Ask Australia's Optus
- Trump calls for deporting illegal immigrants with 'no judges or court cases'
- Erdogan faces major test as Turks vote for president, parliament