Williams returned to the circuit in March this year after giving birth to her baby girl. Serena became the first woman over 30 to win Wimbledon since Martina Navratilova in 1990, while her 102 aces were the most in an All England Club campaign. "What's her name?" McEnroe replied.
'Forget the fact that she has won 23 majors and what she brings to the table.
Williams, a seven-time victor of the Wimbledon singles title, could miss out on being named as one of the 32 seeds after she took maternity leave for the birth of her first child.
Williams is a six-time U.S. Open champion, so she'll probably be seeded quite higher than her ranking unless she vaults up the rankings following an impressive showing at Wimbledon.
For the past several years, Serena Williams has been the dominant player here.
"You know, I have heard people say, yeah, well, she's had months to come back and play, but it's not so easy".
"I know it s going to be so important to go back, it s going to be an wonderful feeling to go on the court again and just remember a little bit the feelings from past year", Muguruza added.
Luis Suarez Starts Up Front With Edinson Cavani In Uruguay Game
What time does The FIFA World Cup 2018 Uruguay v/s Saudia Arabia match begin? Suarez is the most successful player of Uruguay . They will face each other on Monday in Samara with first place in Group A on the line.
The former world number one made her comeback in March after giving birth a year ago and is 183 in the rankings. That's me coming from a different viewpoint'.
"I don't think there would be a player that would complain, especially the top ones, if she was one of the top eight".
And Wozniacki wants them to make an exception - a decision which would also reduce the risk of her facing Williams in the early rounds. Nor should they, in my opinion'.
However they can be altered by a committee if necessary to produce a more balanced draw, although there were no changes a year ago.
The Council argues that the players effectively earn their seedings via their positions in the world rankings, which are based on their performances over the previous 12 months.
'I am disappointed to inform you that I was forced to pull out of the Wimbledon championship which will start next week, ' he posted on Twitter.
- U.S. to Present North Korea with Timeline Outlining Specific Requests
- Prince William kicks off busy day in Israel at Holocaust memorial
- Women in Saudi Arabia can now drive as longstanding ban ends
- Salah to Egypt fans: We are sorry, these players are still young
- The "nuclear option" of streaming reality: Ask Australia's Optus
- Trump Rages Against Harley Davidson Via Twitter, Casting Blame
- Gareth Southgate: ‘We wouldn’t swap Harry Kane for anyone’
- Catholic priest slaps baby then grabs its face during Christening
- Nigeria's reluctant tactical change paid dividends in Iceland win - Rohr
- Novak Djokovic hopes are dashed as Marin Cilic clinches Queen's title