The Broward County Sheriff's Office announced on Thursday that they've arrested a suspect in the murder of controversial rapper XXXTentacion. His attorney has said he believes XXXTentacion (pronounced "Ex Ex Ex ten-ta-see-YAWN") had just taken out cash and was outside the Riva Motorsports motorcycle dealership, possibly considering a purchase, when he was the victim of a random robbery.
His real name was Jahseh Dwayne Onfroy. He did not face jail time for any of these charges, some of which were dropped.
A judge withheld adjudication in the theft case, but Williams ended up a convicted felon when he twice violated his parole terms in 2016 and 2017, court records show. He was scheduled to make an initial court appearance on Thursday afternoon, according to Broward County prosecutors.
U.S. Space Force: President Trump Proposes 6th Military Branch
President Donald Trump is signing a new space policy directive at the White House that aims to reduce satellite clutter in space. They will work together with American industry to implement a state-of-the-art framework for space traffic management, he said.
Authorities said XXXTentacion was ambushed by two suspects.
The entertainer, who sported dreadlocks and facial tattoos, was a rising star. He was charged with aggravated assault with a firearm and domestic battery in 2014 following an incident where he allegedly pointed a gun at his girlfriend's head. He notched a No. 1 album in March had a top 10 hit with Sad!
XXXTentacion was released from jail on house arrest late last year and was released from house arrest earlier this year to allow him to tour.
Rappers including Kendrick Lamar hailed XXXTentacion as a unique talent, with his dark, lo-fi hip-hop full of raw expressions of his depression and suicidal tendencies. At the time of his death, he was alone, so it looks like he didn't see those plans through.
- Polite Japan Fans Clean Stadium After World Cup Win
- Google Launches Podcast Listening App on Android
- President approves Governor’s rule in Jammu and Kashmir with immediate effect
- Photo showing Melania Trump in 'don't care' jacket is real
- Catholic priest slaps baby then grabs its face during Christening
- The "nuclear option" of streaming reality: Ask Australia's Optus
- Donald Trump And Immigrant Girl Meet Face To Face On Time Cover
- Sara Netanyahu charged with misuse of public funds in 'meals-ordering' affair
- Dele Alli has 'slim chance' of playing against Panama, confirms Southgate
- Supreme Court's Wayfair tax decision sidelines Quill