The clergyman then tells the child to: "calm down, calm down, you must calm down". The date and exact location of the incident remains unclear.
It is not known when the footage was filmed but it was captured in a church where the ceremony was conducted in French.
The man and woman are recorded attempting to pull the baby away from the priest. "Here. And then, we are going to embrace the little guy, because he will have become a little more Christian". I'll scream louder than you, OK?
The father struggles for a few seconds with the priest who refuses to let go and puts his hand over its face to muffle the cries. "So, calm down. Calm down". A woman can be heard saying something to the priest as the man, who appeared to be the father of the child, grabbed the crying toddler out of the clergyman's arms. There. You will calm down.
Chinese media say U.S. has 'paranoid delusions'
All told , the $450 billion in potential tariffs would cover almost 90 percent of goods China sends to the United States. On Thursday, Indian imposed tariffs on 29 United States goods worth $ 238 million as a countermeasure.
People in the background of the video can reportedly be heard protesting the priests actions, making comments like "no no no", "sir, he is scared" and "that's not legal/allowed".
However, the priest is speaking French and the story appeared on a local news website of Martinique and Guadeloupe, French territories in the Caribbean Sea.
Two adults stood at the font, believed to be the young child's parents, are stunned and quickly try to wrestle the child away from the elderly religious man.
This is a representative image of a priest reading the gospel during a baptism in Greece, May 12, 2017.
- BJP rubbishes reports of JD(U) skipping yoga day event
- Vagabond Dwight Howard traded again, this time to the Brooklyn Nets
- Melania Trump enters debate over separation of migrant families
- Dele Alli has 'slim chance' of playing against Panama, confirms Southgate
- Trump signs order to end splitting of migrant families
- Instagram launches IGTV which can host content an hour long
- Melania Trump Visits Texas Shelter For Undocumented Children
- Supreme Court's Wayfair tax decision sidelines Quill
- Trump Says OPEC To Blame For High Oil Prices
- Chelsea Reportedly Target Dries Mertens Amid Maurizio Sarri Rumours