In a shocking reveal Wednesday morning, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported that a trade involving Howard to the Nets is being finalized.
The Brooklyn Nets have traded Timofey Mozgov for Dwight Howard, which gets them salary-cap space for the 2019-20 National Basketball Association season. According to former National Basketball Association player Brendan Haywood, members of the Hornets' locker room had grown "sick and tired" of the antics of the big man. Charlotte will receive the Nets' second-round pick (No. 45) in Thursday's National Basketball Association draft and a 2021 second-round pick.
The Brooklyn Nets have been a disaster in recent seasons, thanks to a 2013 trade in which the Nets mortgaged their future by sending a slew of future draft picks to Boston for a pair of Celtics stars on the down-slopes of their careers, killing their cap space and draft prospects.
After beginning the season as a starter, Mozgov played just once after the All-Star break and the Russian center claimed to have never been given an explanation from head coach Kenny Atkinson as to why.
Check back for more on this developing story.
Technology helps France to a 2-1 win over Australia
Technology was again called on to confirm the entire ball crossed the goal-line, leaving Australia's players distraught. But after 15 minutes of solid defending, Australia grew into the game and conjured up the best chance so far.
Mozgov has two years left on his contract at $16 million per season.
Howard averaged 16.6 points and 12.8 rebounds per game in his lone season with the Hornets, but his defensive rating tied a career low and he posted the second-least valuable campaign of his career.
The 7-foot-1 Mozgov has not played a full 82-game season since 2013 and has averaged in double figures only once during his eight-year National Basketball Association career. Allen started 31 of the Nets' final 32 games last season, averaging 10.5 points, 6.4 rebounds and 1.7 blocks on 62.1 percent shooting in 23.8 minutes per game in that span.
Dwight Howard's name can't be mentioned without hearing some snickers.
- Eid To Be Celebrated Across India On Saturday, Tomorrow In Kerala
- Technology comes to France’s aid in 2-1 win over Australia
- Figures show about 2,000 minors separated from families at U.S. border
- XXXTentacion Pronounced Dead After Being Shot In Miami
- Hirving Lozano’s Goal Stuns World Cup Champs In Massive Upset
- Prince Charles' Reported Nickname for Meghan Markle Is Kind of Awesome
- Melania Trump enters debate over separation of migrant families
- Bernd Leno: Arsenal agree fee for Bayer Leverkusen and Germany goalkeeper
- 42 migrants saved by US Navy to Italy (3) - English
- Exiled Yemen president goes to UAE as port attack looms