Up until now, video uploads were limited to just one minute on Instagram, but IGTV extends that limit to an hour.
Instagram is taking on TV and YouTube with a new property called IGTV, where videos can run up to an hour long.
"We launched IGTV (a button inside the Instagram home screen, as well as a standalone app) at an event featuring numerous Instagram creators who'll make it great", the company wrote in a blog post late on Wednesday. Though IGTV is a standalone app, users will be able to watch it from within the Instagram app as well.
Notably, the longer-form, vertical video service - which will work as a bolt-on feature to Instagram as well as having a standalone app of its own - is very important to parent company Facebook. Users also will have the privilege of receiving notifications from creators they are interested in.
Japan make history with win over 10-man Colombia
The former Ajax youngster is one of the best young centre-backs in Europe, but his mistake led to Japan's opening goal . I'm not sure a red card is needed as well as a penalty, and nor is he - it takes him a long old time to depart.
Instagram CEO Kevin Systrom at the event, said: "It's time for video to move forward, and evolve".
Also Read- Love Facebook Messenger?
Similar to YouTube and other video platforms, IGTV also has the concept of channels.
Long-form vertical video! Here we are. Those shows run with commercial breaks and Facebook splits money with the creators. Karen Leung expects to try it for an account she runs devoted to her 5-year-old Shiba Inu named Nacho, which has 7,000 followers.
"Longer vertical video on Instagram makes it even easier to get closer to your audience and be discovered by new people.""With Stories we're sharing so much of our life events, it would be great to share that on IGTV".
- Several dead in vehicle crash near Texas border
- Eid To Be Celebrated Across India On Saturday, Tomorrow In Kerala
- Melania Trump enters debate over separation of migrant families
- States can now force you to pay online sales tax
- 3 dead after natural disaster hits Osaka in western Japan
- Hirving Lozano’s Goal Stuns World Cup Champs In Massive Upset
- Putin trolls Federation Internationale de Football Association by inviting disgraced Blatter to World Cup
- Only college players expected to attend National Basketball Association draft
- ‘Fortnite’ Switch Crossplay Detailed By Epic Games
- Google Launches Podcast Listening App on Android