He wishes all Muslim faithful an accepted Ramadan Fasting and successful Eid-el-Fitr and urged them not to forget the Sitta-Shawwal, i.e the six-days recommended fasting, that follows Ramadan Fasting as recommended by the Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
This is the first time in recent history, Muslims in India and Pakistan have started the fasting of Ramadan on the same day.
The suspense over Eid date remains on till late night until it is confirmed that moon has been sighted.
The fast observed by people during the holy month is known as roza and on the last day, people exchange greetings and pleasantries.
ADJD's own moon sighting committee will continue to collect evidence of sighting the new moon of the Hijri month of Shawwal and is to report findings to the Ministry's committee.
"On this auspicious occasion as the Muslim Holy month concludes, a spirit of renewal for continued peace is paramount and should be encouraged by all believers", Mutharika said in a statement.
N.Korea TV summit broadcast hails Kim as 'world leader'
Democrats are heaping scorn on Trump's tweet that "There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea". The authoritarian regime in North Korea has long sought an audience with a U.S.
The money raised by those who attended the service Friday will go toward families in need in the community so they can buy clothes and gifts for holiday, also known as Eid. The crescent moon of Shawwal could not be sighted in the country on Thursday and hence Eid Al Fitr will be celebrated on Saturday, the Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee of Pakistan announced.
Also, moon was spotted in Saudi Arabia, according to Arab media.
"If the crescent is sighted by Muslims of impeccable character on the said evening, His Eminence would declare Friday, 15th June, 2018 as the first day of Shawwal and the day of 'idul fitr".
With the month of Ramzan coming to end, the question on everyone's mind is 'when is Eid?' Many Muslims are often asked this question in the month of Ramzan as their friends wait for Eid delicacies.
The celebration is a public holiday in many Muslim countries, but not one in the United Kingdom, despite a campaign for it to be recognised in 2014.
- How many goals has Messi scored in the World Cup?
- Saudi Crown Prince heads to Russian Federation for World Cup
- ‘Fortnite’ Switch Crossplay Detailed By Epic Games
- Shawwal moon not sighted, Eid-ul-Fitr in Pakistan on Saturday
- Inspector General Debunks Trump's Political Bias Claims Against Comey
- Poll shows most South Koreans view summit positively
- Only college players expected to attend National Basketball Association draft
- Technology helps France to a 2-1 win over Australia
- Several dead in vehicle crash near Texas border
- India crush Afghanistan by an innings and 262 runs