The French can thank technology for providing them a "fair" 2-1 win over Australia.
"We thought that Didier had his group at the end of the Euros".
"He was standing very close in the moment of the penalty [incident] and he directly said "no penalty", he directly said "go on".
"He's also a human being, and everyone makes mistakes". "I don't feel we were beaten by a better team but nearly by technology a little bit".
The Atletico Madrid striker's fierce spot-kick was cancelled out just four minutes later by another penalty, Aston Villa midfielder Mile Jedinak slotting home after Samuel Umtiti handled in the area.
MF Corentin Tolisso, 4 - Booked after 76 minutes and substituted two minutes later, he was lucky that Lloris prevented a first half own goal.
November Ballot to Include a Proposition on Breaking California Into Three States
A nascent opposition campaign already is sounding the more practical alarms about splitting California into three states. One would include Los Angeles and a swath of the coast extending north to Monterey.
Technology was again called on to confirm the entire ball crossed the goal-line, leaving Australia's players distraught. France reclaimed the lead in fortuitous circumstances later on, a deflection off Aziz Behich taking Paul Pogba's touch over the line via the underside of the Australian crossbar.
"The French didn't know what to do anymore in big parts of the game." van Marwijk said.
After the final siren blew the team lined up for a short guard of honour to the Australian fans in the Kazan stadium who remained on their feet in applause.
"Expectations are high, obviously, because we know how good he is".
But after 15 minutes of solid defending, Australia grew into the game and conjured up the best chance so far. They're a proud side who play with passion, and I've been told there's 30,000 Peruvians in Moscow.
"It's hard to get over the fact that we probably should have had a point at least. Our opponents always play deep against us and we need to find a way to play better in those kind of matches".
'You didn't really see a pressing team.
- E3 2018: Watch the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey trailer, gameplay footage
- Chicago picks The Boring Company for high-speed link to airport
- Exiled Yemen president goes to UAE as port attack looms
- N.Korea TV summit broadcast hails Kim as 'world leader'
- AT&T can buy Time Warner as judge shuts down Department of Justice
- Domino's new promotion offers to fill city's potholes
- Rosberg tells Mercedes to keep drivers
- Oil Holds Gain as U.S. Stockpiles Fall While OPEC Remains Split
- Microsoft looks past next-gen Xbox to cloud games
- Prince Harry, Meghan May Be King, Queen In Canada For This Reason