As we head into the early evening hours, the heat and humidity will hang around with an increasing chance of showers and thunderstorms, especially into east-central Indiana. The anticipated abundant sunshine will add another 5 to 15 degrees to this apparent temperature making for extremely risky conditions for those participating in outdoor activities or spending any time at all in the sun. Despite the slightly drier air, temperatures will remain warm with mid to upper 80s at the beach and lower 90s inland through the weekend.
Fortunately, after we deal with another 90 degree day on Monday, the temperature trend is set to decrease through the middle and latter part of the week. Dad may require a few extra cold beverages to stay cool as he relaxes on his day. On Thursday morning, the water measured 65 degrees at the Chicago shore.
The heat wave stretches into Monday of the work week. Winds will be light out of the south at 5 to 10 miles per hour.
Heat is the number one weather-related cause of death in the United States every year. There is a chance of showers and thunderstorms Monday and Tuesday, with highs dipping into the mid- to upper 80s on Monday and the lower 80s on Tuesday.
Rosberg tells Mercedes to keep drivers
Ferraris have so far been, I would say the most consistent but there's a lot of races to come. I was down on power, and every single lap I was on edge waiting for the power to drop away.
Still, Elk Grove Village is taking no chances. The warning is in effect until 7 p.m.
Prolonged bouts of this weather can be unsafe for older adults and people with heart illnesses, the weather service warned.
The city is keeping the Garfield Center at 10 S. Kedzie Ave. on the West Side open as a cooling center for 24 hours over the weekend. The city also encourages people to check on seniors and other heat-sensitive family and friends or call 311 for a well-being check.
- Shawwal moon not sighted, Eid-ul-Fitr in Pakistan on Saturday
- European Central Bank rate pledge boosts stock markets
- Apple Bans Cryptocurrency Mining On All Devices
- Amazon expands Whole Foods delivery for Prime members to 4 more cities
- Fortnite Switch has cross-play with PC
- Several dead in vehicle crash near Texas border
- Oil Holds Gain as U.S. Stockpiles Fall While OPEC Remains Split
- Afghanistan hits back after 2 centuries for India in test
- AT&T can buy Time Warner as judge shuts down Department of Justice
- Inspector General Debunks Trump's Political Bias Claims Against Comey