On Monday, IHOP announced that it was changing its name to "IHOb," with the "b' denoting burgers". The company is still being traded with the initials IHP, and says its selection of pancakes is here to stay. The breakfast chain announced that it had changed its name as a marketing gimmick after adding new burgers to the menu - a move that annoyed a few other fast food empires and the internet at large.
"The big opportunity for the IHOb brand is to develop our lunch and dinner business". The temporary shift is turning out to be an effective publicity stunt aimed at advertising the restaurant's new burger menu.
If you guessed that the "b" stood for burgers, you would have been correct.
Trump to skip G7 climate sessions following spat with Macron, Trudeau
However, the Mexican economy relies more on trade than does the US economy, with about 80 percent of its exports sold to America. The measures were a response to USA tariffs on steel and aluminum imports from Mexico, Canada and the European Union .
"We're always going to be known as a breakfast place", IHOP President Darren Rebelez told the Los Angeles Times. Revamping its burger selection could convince customers to visit later in the day and for more than just hash browns and eggs.
Turkel said the new name may get consumers to think of IHOP as an establishment that serves more than a breakfast meal. They will still be officially called "IHOP".
Some people felt that maybe it'd try and get fancy and go with "brunch", which also makes sense. It worked. "The vast majority of people were having fun with the name change and were trying to solve the riddle", he said. (We all promptly fell in love.) In 1973, the company began using the acronym "IHOP", and for 50-ish years, the acronym and the restaurant lived in pancake harmony.
Burger joints, meanwhile, fired off blistering tweets about IHOP's change.
- Trump to Sen. Bob Corker: Abandon legislation challenging tariffs; Corker refuses
- E3 2018: Watch the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey trailer, gameplay footage
- Super Mario Party has been announced for Nintendo Switch
- China hosts Russia, Iran for summit as U.S. tensions rise
- Trump Says Kim Will Move Immediately on Denuclearization
- Hollywood, fashion stars mourn Kate Spade's death
- Flight from Pyongyang lands in Singapore ahead of North Korean leader’s arrival
- Scientists find cheap way to convert Carbon dioxide into gasoline
- Putin says willing to meet Trump whenever US is ready
- Kim Jong Un's private jet departs Pyongyang for Singapore