The Michigan Wolverines won't have to worry about head coach John Beilein making the jump to the National Basketball Association this season.
League sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski that Beilein interviewed with the Pistons on Thursday and had emerged as a top candidate for the position but pulled out after discussions about the job with both management and ownership.
The announcement from Beilein came on the heels of reports that he had met with Pistons executives.
Lava from Hawaii volcano destroys hundreds more homes
County officials say there are 279 homes between the two coastal communities, and most are feared to be destroyed. Kathy Emery, who evacuated from her 5-acre farm in Kapoho, said she doesn't know if she has a home to go back to.
Beilein is Michigan's winningest coach and is entering his 12th year in charge of the program. Stein also added that John Beilein has withdrawn from the coaching search in Detroit.
Casey is owed $6.5 million for the final year of his contract in Toronto, where he was sacked after a franchise-record 59-win regular season and a second-round playoff sweep to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
The Michigan Man was named as CBSSports.com's Coach of the Year after a tremendous 33-8 campaign, including a Big Ten Conference Tournament win.
"I don't want John Beilein to coach anywhere else and he knows that", Manuel said last month.
- Trump to skip G7 climate sessions following spat with Macron, Trudeau
- Guatemala's Volcano of Fire erupts again, with 192 people still missing
- State Department: Medical screenings 'ongoing' after mysterious incidents overseas
- Many breast cancer patients could avoid chemo
- Apple announces that it's bringing iOS apps to the Mac
- Mexico Hits US With Retaliatory Tariffs
- Amazon breaks into English Premier League with new deal
- Kim Jong Un's private jet departs Pyongyang for Singapore
- Ban on plastic use should start from every house, says Karimnagar Collector
- Iguodala eyes return before Finals finish