By now you've probably seen that both Google and Amazon have enabled television control with their respective digital assistants, but to do that you'll need the right smart speaker and a streaming device hooked up to your TV that can integrate with it.
Amazon's latest product, the recently announced Fire TV Cube, is a triple-threat - but is it a threat to the Apple TV?
In the box, it comes with power and ethernet adapters, an Alexa Voice Remote, and the aforementioned IR extender.
Prices vary depending on the device chosen, with Amazon now offering its speakers at a significant discount.
Apple announces that it's bringing iOS apps to the Mac
In fact, this happens to be the initial fruits of a continued effort on the part of Apple to introduce more of iOS apps to Mac. The App Store now has Work, Play and Create categories to help you identify the kind of apps you are searching for.
The device sports eight microphones for far-field voice recognition, so you'll get a great experience in just about any room.
This device has a hands-free depth-sensing camera, built-in LED lighting, and computer vision-based background blur which Amazon assures "makes your outfits pop". It also includes the same beam-forming, noise-reducing, and echo-cancelling tech found in older Echo devices. In fact, a wide variety of third-party speakers are set to launch in France alongside the Alexa voice assistant.
"We tried to be thoughtful about when she speaks back to you instead of just doing what you've asked her to do".
The new Amazon Fire TV Cube can do all sorts of things like connect to your TV and stream up to 4K UHD content from Amazon Prime services, Hulu, Netflix and more. Because the Fire TV Cube works with your cable system, it also shows you what's playing now on TV, including spotlights for premium channels like Showtime or HBO. Yes, the Fire TV Cube also doubles up as a universal remote, sweet!
According to Amazon, Cube is compatible with set-top boxes from top providers such as Comcast, Dish, and DirecTV, covering more than 90% of households with a cable or satellite subscription. Plus, for a limited time, customers can pre-order Fire TV Cube and Amazon Cloud Cam together for $199.98 - a $40 savings. For Prime members, Amazon will discount the Cube by $30 if you pre-order on June 7th or 8th.
- Belmont Stakes 2018: Results, payouts, order of finish
- Liverpool want Nabil Fekir deal done before World Cup
- Airbus-built SES-12 dual-mission satellite successfully launched
- Giuliani: Trump forced North Korea's Kim to beg for summit：The Asahi Shimbun
- US Fines China's ZTE $1 Billion, Imposes Strict Compliance Measures
- Pompeo: 'Rudy Doesn't Speak For The Administration' On North Korea
- Latest top Pruitt aide to depart is EPA legal counsel
- Lava from Hawaii volcano destroys hundreds more homes
- Supreme Court Sides With Baker In LGBT Rights Case
- Ban on plastic use should start from every house, says Karimnagar Collector