Asked whether 25-year-old Fred can make an impact at Old Trafford, Willian replied: 'Of course, no doubt about that.
And beating City to the signature of Fred, who was a target for the English champions in January, could prove to be a significant first step. With a midfielder already purchased in Fred, tabs will be kept on potential defensive improvements such as the often-linked Marquinhos recently dropped by Tite in favour of PSG teammate Thiago Silva.
After two seasons at Internacional, Fred joined Shakhtar in 2013.
Willian has backed Brazil team-mate Fred to be a major success at Manchester United and said he is moving to "one of the best teams in the world".
Garcia confident she'll win a Grand Slam title
She will face either 2016 champion Garbine Muguruza or Lesia Tsurenko of Ukraine for a semi-final place. "I love playing Maria". Williams said she was gutted to miss out on facing her rival. "But as soon as I started playing, I thought "no, too soon".
He was at the centre of controversy in 2015 after testing positive for the the diuretic hydrochlorothiazide during the Copa America in Chile, and was banned for a year as a result.
"When I signed him at Shakhtar, Taison and Bernard were playing in his position".
He also backed his compatriot to improve Jose Mourinho's current Red Devils side.
After his medical on Monday, Fred returned to London where he inked up with his global team-mates at Tottenham's Spurs Lodge training base in Enfield where they are preparing for their final World Cup warm-up against Austria in Vienna on Sunday.
- Jesse Duplantis Ministries Facebook flooded with comments after private jet news surfaces
- China warns United States imposing sanctions will void any outcome of trade talks
- Warriors vs. Cavaliers, Game 2 on Sunday night
- Twitter Explodes With Memes as Trump Confirms Melania's Good Health
- Facebook to remove 'trending' news stories section following years of controversy
- Mauricio Pochettino opens door to move to Real Madrid
- Guatemala volcano erupts suddenly, multiple deaths
- Iran to support Russian efforts to bring south Syria under army control
- Trump under fire for tweet about jobs report
- North Korea nuclear talks get underway