Neymar swapped shirts with Luka Modric after Brazil's win over Croatia.
Neymar, the world's most expensive player following his blockbuster move from Barcelona past year, had been sidelined since the end of February when he fractured his foot playing for PSG in a league victory against Marseille.
He also missed the end of Brazil's last World Cup campaign in 2014 after breaking a bone in his back during the 2-1 quarter-final win over Colombia.
Coach quits Real Madrid after 3 Champions League titles
Zidane plunged his Real Madrid future into doubt this morning by calling a shock press conference for 12pm [BST]. I do not forget the hard times, as well as the good times, and that makes you reflect.
And when Neymar gave Brazil the lead midway through the second-half, Croatia's attacking players did not have the game-changing quality they required to get back into the game.
Until Neymar stepped onto the pitch it was Croatia which had the best opportunities in a match that seemed headed for a boring draw.
Brazil, in their first visit to Merseyside since 1995, started on the front foot but nearly fell behind 14 minutes in when Liverpool's Dejan Lovren headed a corner inches wide.
Brazil are set to take on Croatia in an global friendly at Anfield on Sunday as both teams continue their preparations for the World Cup this summer in Russian Federation. "If I were the manager there, I would try to sign him too".
He came on as a second-half substitute for Brazil in a World Cup tune-up against Croatia in Liverpool on Sunday.
- Ukrainian diplomat trolls Russia's Foreign Ministry for reaction to 'murder' of Babchenko
- National Football League players weigh sitting out season until Colin Kaepernick is signed
- Roseanne Barr blames controversial tweets on her taking of sleeping pill Ambien
- Twitter Explodes With Memes as Trump Confirms Melania's Good Health
- Krispy Kreme is giving away 50,000 free doughnuts tomorrow
- McKinney’s Karthik Nemmani Wins National Spelling Bee
- Fulham secures EPL return, windfall of at least $210m
- USA first lady Melania Trump to skip G7, North Korea summit
- Facebook to remove 'trending' news stories section following years of controversy
- Philippines: We Will go to War Over South China Sea Violations