Mrs Trump issued the rare public statement Wednesday afternoon amid mounting public speculation over her whereabouts, after spending the last three weeks out of sight.
Trump, 48, has not been seen in public since May 10, four days before she underwent the procedure at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center on May 14.
'She is doing great.
Participants at the White House event will include "The Incredible Hulk" actor Lou Ferrigno, who befriended Trump while appearing on "Celebrity Apprentice"; former New York Yankees' baseball players Johnny Damon and Mariano Rivera; former football star Herschel Walker; beach volleyball Olympic gold medalist Misty May-Treanor; and professional golfer Natalie Gulbis.
Asked about the first lady's health before he boarded the presidential helicopter on the South Lawn, Trump pointed to the second floor of the White House and said: "She's doing great". After Stephanie shared her boss's tweet, one person jokingly demanded more, writing, "Could we maybe get a video holding today's paper?"
Or so she claims to the media, who apparently, according to her, have been "working overtime speculating where I am".
Mauricio Pochettino opens door to move to Real Madrid
This is Real Madrid we're talking about though so of course, it wouldn't really be a surprise to see anyone turn up in that hotseat.
"The corrupt Mainstream Media is working overtime not to mention the infiltration of people, Spies (Informants), into my campaign!"
"Rest assured, I'm here at the WhiteHouse w my family, feeling great, & working hard on behalf of children & the American people!" she tweeted brightly. I wouldn't characterise it as a long absence.
On the day of the first-ever Women's March in 2017, resisters of Donald Trump's presidency busted out their best signs telling the then-future First Lady Melania Trump to "blink twice" if she needed to secretly convey that she was being held hostage by her husband, the then-president elect. Longtime friend Paolo Zampolli says he's exchanged several text messages with Melania Trump since her return from the hospital.
Twenty-four hours before he takes the oath of office as the 45th United States president, Trump arrived in Washington on Thursday, determined to transform American politics over the next four years. "She seems to be recovering well", he said, though he offered no further details.
Yet 16 days later, the most anyone has heard from Trump has come via Twitter, with just one addressing her medical procedure.
Others said there was legitimate reason to wonder about Trump's health.
- Jesse Duplantis Ministries Facebook flooded with comments after private jet news surfaces
- Damarious Randall Didn't Expect Cavaliers Jersey Tweet to Go Viral
- No Malice Dishes On ‘Daytona’, Brother Pusha-T’s Beef With Drake
- New Mega Man 11 Trailer and Launch Details Revealed
- 30-year-old New York man evicted by parents leaves their home
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Leaked, Takes Place in Ancient Greece
- Consumer Reports recommends Tesla's Model 3 after braking fix
- Facebook to remove 'trending' news stories section following years of controversy
- Russian journalist faked death ‘after Russian spies ordered him dead’
- Trump Will Pardon Conservative Commentator Dinesh D’Souza