With the Blancos having suddenly found themselves without a manager following the shock departure of Frenchman Zidane, various candidates have been touted as possible appointments.
The former midfielder had to contend with speculation relating to his future at the club for most of the season as a result of their often underwhelming form.
"Zidane took the correct decision, he knew that Florentino would have sacked him if he did not win the Champions League", Capello said.
This is Real Madrid we're talking about though so of course, it wouldn't really be a surprise to see anyone turn up in that hotseat. I enjoy what is happening and what has to be will be.
Despite Perez insisting he did not want Zidane to leave, Sportsmail understand the two had contradicting opinions over plans for the club's future, which had an impact on the Frenchman walking out.
Ukrainian diplomat trolls Russia's Foreign Ministry for reaction to 'murder' of Babchenko
He had served in the Russian army during the two wars in Chechnya in 1990s and became one of Russia's best-known war reporters. Its not clear whether Russian Federation was involved in the plot to trick Babchenko's enemies.
Regardless of who the new Chelsea manager will be, it looks as though he might have a fight on his hands to keep Alvaro Morata at the club.
His exit will now have a knock-on effect on the futures of Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo, who both could have left the club this summer under Zidane's rule. I do not want, nor can I, comment on Zidane going but what he has done is undoubtedly very big: "no one has won three Champions Leagues in a row recently".
The former Argentina defender told El Confidencial that you could not just ignore a call from the La Liga giants, however the situation "does not depend on me" and he was happy at Tottenham. It is about what I think.
Asked if he'd be ready for the challenge of managing Madrid, he said: "I'm ready now for getting lunch with friends!"
"I have a five-year deal with Tottenham and I'm very happy at the club. You think that. But you are not me".
- Prominent Russian journalist and Russia critic was just shot dead in Kyiv
- No Malice Dishes On ‘Daytona’, Brother Pusha-T’s Beef With Drake
- Philippines: We Will go to War Over South China Sea Violations
- North Korea nuclear talks get underway
- The Egyptian Forward Could be Fit for the FIFA World Cup 2018
- Ex-Piston Thomas: LeBron a 'much better' player than Jordan
- How much will Roseanne Barr lose after racist tweet scandal?
- High-ranking North Korean emissary heads to NYC
- DONE DEAL? Man Utd meet buyout clause for Porto defender Diogo Dalot
- People have died this week since Alberto made landfall