He was flanked at the press conference by Real Madrid president Florentino Perez who said Zidane's announcement was "totally unexpected". For me and for everybody, I think the moment to change has arrived.
"What I think is that this team needs to continue winning but I think it needs a change, a different voice, another methodology". He won 104 of his 149 games in charge and won one La Liga title, one Spanish Super Cup, two UEFA Super Cups and two Club World titles to go with his three Champions League crowns. I did not know, maybe secretly he knew because he wanted to make it happen with Mr. Perez, not with us. Only five days earlier, Zidane had lifted the Champions League trophy for a third consecutive season, a feat managed by only two others.
"I had the respect of all, above all the players, which has been fundamental in achieving things". "I do not forget the hard times, as well as the good times, and that makes you reflect. I want to thank them because it's they who fight on the pitch". He knows there is always an appetite for him to return, that the bridge hasn't been burned.
Priyanka Chopra's new boyfriend is the last person we would have guessed
The couple was first seen attending the Met Gala together a year ago which sparked rumors of a potential relationship. As unusual as it sounds but we couldn't have planned it. "She's a lovely person and I'm dying now to go to India".
Zidane, 45, had been under pressure to win the European crown after finishing way off the pace behind La Liga winners Barcelona. I think it would be hard to keep winning if I stayed.
The Frenchman took over a divided dressing room after the sacking of Rafael Benitez in January, 2016 and immediately set about uniting the squad. In the very next year, Zidane upped the ante with another European Cup victory against the mighty Italian side Juventus.
The bombshell decision came 12 years after another stunning blow from Zidane brought a controversial close to the midfielder´s global career. I did it as a player, and now again as a coach. The club loves to change managers, no boss is ever truly safe there and talk is already rife about who will succeed Zidane. Pochettino is building a team that he hopes can compete for the Premier League title, has just signed a new contract at the club, and Spurs have a new stadium to play in next season.
Mr. Zizou. I've learned a lot by your side!
- Lewis Hamilton doubts Daniel Ricciardo will join him at Mercedes
- Moving lava sparks immediate evacuations in Hawaii
- White House to Impose Tariffs on $50 Billion of Chinese Goods
- Fallout 76 Announced by Bethesda Softworks
- Russian journalist faked death ‘after Russian spies ordered him dead’
- Aston Villa’s Wembley defeat opens up move for Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- After Iran speech, will Tehran seek to test Pompeo?
- Kim Jong-un impersonator Howard X arrives in Singapore
- National Football League players weigh sitting out season until Colin Kaepernick is signed
- New Mega Man 11 Trailer and Launch Details Revealed