The good news for the Capitals should they manage to down the Golden Knights in Game 1, though, is that the past two road teams to steal a game to kick off the final - the 2013 Chicago Blackhawks and 2012 Los Angeles Kings - have gone on to win the Cup. "That's all that I saw".
Reaves and Wilson are two guys that aren't afraid to mix it up at any given opportunity, so we'll see if the animosity they helped stir up carries over into Game 2. Hopefully we can get there and I'll definitely be in the No. 81 [Jonathan] Marchessault jersey.
"He'd probably say he shouldn't admire his pass". "But that's just Wilson being Wilson". I haven't slowed it down. "I think next game is going to be different and all the nervousness, all the bad things [go] away [from] this game". He might have been a little bit surprised by it, but it wasn't an aggressive hit. I mean, where does it end?
Wilson has been under the microscope during Washington's playoff run, serving a three-game suspension for a devastating hit on Zach Aston-Reese of the Pittsburgh Penguins in the second round. Wilson is already considered a repeat offender; he was forced to sit out two preseason games following a late hit on St. Louis Blues rookie Robert Thomas and was suspended for the first four games of the regular season after boarding Blues forward Sammy Blais. "When you play my physical style, you're going to have that reputation", Wilson said.
The couple originally had Austin in mind as their daughter's name, but made a decision to go with Riley - named after Knights player Reilly Smith.
Las Vegas goes #nocaps before Cup Final
"We didn't play our best game", Alex Ovechkin said. Matter of fact, don't enter Game 1 expecting the contest to be all that embarrassing for either side because blowouts have been extremely rare to open the Stanley Cup final. There are going to be hits.
In hindsight, maybe Michael Buffer's blessing was a clumsy way to usher in the Stanley Cup Final.
With none of the customary caution or high-pressure effects often shown by teams and players in their first game on the NHL's biggest stage, Vegas and Washington jumped right into an up-tempo thriller.
Is the Mueller probe costing $20 million, as Donald Trump says?
The Republicans had requested information about an outside informant who spoke to members of the Trump campaign. He also said he still preferred that President Trump not sit for a Mueller interview.
- Cavs vs. Celtics: Score, updates, highlights from Game 6 of East finals
- Judge: Trump Blocking Twitter Accounts Violates 1st Amendment
- Sebastian, Vero Beach to get minimal impact from Tropical Storm Alberto
- Lava Threatens Israeli Company's Power Station in Hawaii
- American Imprisoned in Venezuela is Feted at White House Following His Release
- Lewis Hamilton doubts Daniel Ricciardo will join him at Mercedes
- Taiwan squeezed as Beijing and Burkina Faso start diplomatic ties
- Steve Kerr on Chris Paul injury
- Patrick McCaw receives big cheers in first game since back injury
- Former Houston Rockets' star Mario Elie kicks off Game 7