The good news for the Capitals should they manage to down the Golden Knights in Game 1, though, is that the past two road teams to steal a game to kick off the final - the 2013 Chicago Blackhawks and 2012 Los Angeles Kings - have gone on to win the Cup. "That's all that I saw".
Reaves and Wilson are two guys that aren't afraid to mix it up at any given opportunity, so we'll see if the animosity they helped stir up carries over into Game 2. Hopefully we can get there and I'll definitely be in the No. 81 [Jonathan] Marchessault jersey.
"He'd probably say he shouldn't admire his pass". "But that's just Wilson being Wilson". I haven't slowed it down. "I think next game is going to be different and all the nervousness, all the bad things [go] away [from] this game". He might have been a little bit surprised by it, but it wasn't an aggressive hit. I mean, where does it end?
Wilson has been under the microscope during Washington's playoff run, serving a three-game suspension for a devastating hit on Zach Aston-Reese of the Pittsburgh Penguins in the second round. Wilson is already considered a repeat offender; he was forced to sit out two preseason games following a late hit on St. Louis Blues rookie Robert Thomas and was suspended for the first four games of the regular season after boarding Blues forward Sammy Blais. "When you play my physical style, you're going to have that reputation", Wilson said.
The couple originally had Austin in mind as their daughter's name, but made a decision to go with Riley - named after Knights player Reilly Smith.
Las Vegas goes #nocaps before Cup Final
"We didn't play our best game", Alex Ovechkin said. Matter of fact, don't enter Game 1 expecting the contest to be all that embarrassing for either side because blowouts have been extremely rare to open the Stanley Cup final. There are going to be hits.
In hindsight, maybe Michael Buffer's blessing was a clumsy way to usher in the Stanley Cup Final.
With none of the customary caution or high-pressure effects often shown by teams and players in their first game on the NHL's biggest stage, Vegas and Washington jumped right into an up-tempo thriller.
Steve Kerr on Chris Paul injury
How many more times must Morey tweak the Rockets here in the Harden era before Houston finally strikes gold. LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers forced the deciding game with a win Friday night over the Celtics.
- Meghan and Harry bribed their bridesmaids and pageboys to smile with Smarties
- Even Stephen Curry enjoyed Chris Paul mocking his shimmy
- Judge: Trump Blocking Twitter Accounts Violates 1st Amendment
- Israeli forces kill three Palestinian militants in strike on observation post
- Lava Threatens Israeli Company's Power Station in Hawaii
- Former Houston Rockets' star Mario Elie kicks off Game 7
- 'It's Killing' Kyrie Irving Not to Play in Eastern Conference Finals
- Will Power finally wins the Indy 500
- Lewis Hamilton doubts Daniel Ricciardo will join him at Mercedes
- Taiwan squeezed as Beijing and Burkina Faso start diplomatic ties