Dozens of vehicles were seen submerged in several areas after Cyclone Mekunu intensified to category 2.
It should be noted that after blockade of Qatar, his Arab neighbours the port of Salalah has become a transit point through which the besieged Emirate deliver food, so indirectly the cyclone hooked and Qatar.
He told AFP that authorities have recovered the bodies of the five Yemeni nationals and two Indians and were still searching for the remaining 12.
Rains are expected to continue for two more days, drenching the area with more than 100mm of rain, nearly six times its annual average, weather experts WASM said on Twitter.
Portions of Salalah, home to some 200,000 people, lost power as the cyclone made landfall. Yemenis, Indians and Sudanese were among those missing and officials feared some may be dead.
Toll in aftermath of Cyclone Mekunu rises to 6 in Oman
In Salalah, the heavy rain had nearly stopped on Saturday, an AFP photographer said, but many streets were still under water and nearby valleys were flooded.
As per Oman meteorology department, the centre of the cyclone struck west of Salalah, causing heavy damage to properties in late Friday night.
Across Salalah, branches and leaves littered the streets. Electrical workers began trying to fix lines in the city while police and soldiers in SUVs patrolled the streets. PACA had announced the closure of Salalah International Airport on Friday for 24 hours can be extended, as a result of Mekunu.
The airport, which has been closed since Thursday, will reopen early on Sunday, Oman's civil aviation authority said.
Cyclone Mekunu has left ten people dead in Oman and Yemen with 40 others reported missing from the Yemeni island of Socotra according to news reports. In nearby Wadi Darbat, the storm's rains supercharged its famous waterfall.
Lava Threatens Israeli Company's Power Station in Hawaii
US Geological Survey scientist Jim Kauahikaua said it was just the second time he'd ever seen blue flames during an eruption. At least 22 lava fissures have opened in lower Puna, Hawaii , since a May 4 natural disaster near the Kilauea volcano.
- 'It's Killing' Kyrie Irving Not to Play in Eastern Conference Finals
- Kilauea volcano glow captured on time-lapse camera
- IPL 2018: 5 players who looked quite older than their real age
- Italy’s premier-designate steps down after failed Cabinet talks
- Harvey Weinstein charged with rape, sex abuse and other crimes
- Cavs vs. Celtics: Score, updates, highlights from Game 6 of East finals
- What Harvey Weinstein Brought to Court as He's Charged With Sexual Assault
- Israeli forces kill three Palestinian militants in strike on observation post
- Will Power finally wins the Indy 500
- Bats found dead: Has Nipah Virus reached Himachal Pradesh?