Subtropical Storm Alberto formed on Friday morning just east of Mexico's Yucatan peninsula, and it's expected to eventually strengthen as it spins north across the Gulf of Mexico this weekend.
Technically, hurricane season begins June 1, but the first cyclone of the year has already arrived.
"On Monday, there is more of chance of thunderstorms", said Kennedy, stating those storms will be more from the traditional summertime clashing of sea breezes along the Interstate 75 corridor.
Each list has 21 names, leaving out Q, U, X, Y and Z. If there are more than 21 named storms, the rest will be indicated by Greek letters.
Sebastian, Vero Beach to get minimal impact from Tropical Storm Alberto
Typically water temperatures need to be at least 80 degrees for a tropical storm to form. Rip current threats will also increase along the Gulf coast.
"Alberto could bring tropical storm conditions and storm surge to portions of the central and eastern Gulf Coast later this weekend and early next week", the hurricane center said.
If it upgrades into a tropical storm with winds at or greater than 39 miles per hour, it will receive the name "Alberto". In contrast to a tropical storm or hurricane, where the strongest winds are at the center, a subtropical storm can have the most powerful winds far from the core.
Memorial Day is the traditional beginning of beach season, but the weather service issued warnings about risky currents along the Gulf Coast during the holiday period. The coastal Carolinas and southern Florida are expected to have more rain.
In fact, latest estimates put the totals anywhere between 6 and 12 inches of rain through Tuesday of next week.
Severe storms on Thursday raged from Minnesota to Georgia, creating flooding and damaging trees and homes.
Europe moves to protect its firms working in Iran from United States sanctions
According to European sources, this measure may become the EU's first step towards ditching dollar in trade with Iran. European businesses are anxious that their ties with the USA could be damaged if they continue doing Iranian deals.
- £6m Sam Allardyce headache as unhappy Wayne Rooney summons talks
- Battlefield 5 lands in October, will do away with the 'premium pass'
- 'It's Killing' Kyrie Irving Not to Play in Eastern Conference Finals
- Ariana Grande Sends Love To Fans On Manchester Bombing Anniversary
- Kilauea volcano: Hawaiians warned of 'powerful' eruptions within hours
- Kilauea volcano glow captured on time-lapse camera
- Heart surgery to keep Markle's father from attending royal wedding
- DAY OF RECKONING: Obama Officials to Face SENATE GRILLING over Russian Federation
- Lava Threatens Israeli Company's Power Station in Hawaii
- Kushner receives permanent security clearance