The United States surgeon general answered a call for help aboard a flight to Atlanta this week, he said. He said the person is now doing well.
Jerome Adams was en route to Jackson, Mississippi for a panel on the opioid epidemic when the incident occurred and tweeted about the experience afterward.
It was not immediately clear what situation Adams was referring to and what happened on the flight. Adams and two nurses came forward.
It turned out there was: the U.S. Surgeon General himself.
Jailed Malaysian politician Anwar Ibrahim walks free
Anwar became Mahathir's heir apparent, but they fell out during the 1998 Asian financial crisis and Anwar was sacked. He has agreed to hand over power to jailed reformist leader Anwar Ibrahim but has not previously given any timing.
The passenger had lost consciousness before the plane took off. Adams and the nurses helped the passenger until an ambulance arrived. We certainly thank you for volunteering as well as your service.
Adams was flying to Jackson as he was scheduled to make a visit at the University of Mississippi Medical Center on Thursday to carry on discussions on what all steps the federal government and administration are taking to deal with opioid crisis.
Delta also released a statement confirming that Adams intervened when a passenger became ill.
An anesthesiologist, Adams was previously Indiana's health commissioner, and in recent years is best known for his response to an HIV outbreak that left 181 people infected in a rural in county.
- North Carolina teachers join 'Red for Ed' walkouts for higher pay
- Europe moves to protect its firms working in Iran from United States sanctions
- Battlefield V is Definitely a Thing, Reveal Coming Next Week
- Michigan State to pay $500 million to Nassar sex abuse victims
- OnePlus 6 camera samples surfaces on the wild
- SDL plc (LON:SDL) has analysts on the Bullish side this week
- President Trump lists Cohen reimbursement of up to $250K
- Iraqi Election Frontrunner Moktada al-Sadr Courts Partners to Govern
- Pervez Musharraf Blames Nawaz Sharif For Pakistan Army's Withdrawal From Kargil
- Science can explain why some people hear Laurel and others hear