On Tuesday TMZ initially reported an about-face from Markle, who said he would try to attend after he had been contacted by his daughter via text - before he revealed once more that his health was preventing him from travelling.
Cardiologists generally advise patients to avoid air travel for at least one week after this kind of procedure.
If her father does not come, British newspapers suggested that Markle's mother, with whom she is spending the night before the ceremony at a nearby luxury hotel, would walk her daughter down the aisle.
Markle Sr., 73, lives in Rosarito, Mexico, where he moved after a career as a Hollywood lighting designer. Earlier, it was said that he will walk her down the aisle but at this point, there are reports suggesting that he won't be seen at the wedding.
But on Monday, Thomas Markle told TMZ that he was no longer planning to attend the wedding, several days after he had suffered a heart attack and confirmed that he'd taken staged paparazzi photos of himself getting ready for the weekend. "I'd like to be a part of history", he said.
Windsor in particular as the younger son of Prince Charles and Princess Diana, Prince Harry, will marry Meghan Markle. The actress' half-siblings Samantha and Thomas Jr. have not been invited to the ceremony and have been speaking out against Meghan in recent weeks.
Meanwhile, her mother, Doria Ragland, reportedly set off for London from the U.S. today.
Meghan Markle's choice of cake: a spring-flavored revolution?
"Even the most cursory internet search would have thrown up a few red flags", she said.
Of course, Thomas Markle's decision could still change, so here's a rundown of everything that's happened so far.
It's one of the last things a bride needs on the week of her wedding: your dad backs out with just days to spare.
Meghan and Harry were driven to Windsor Castle on Thursday where the Royal Standard was raised, indicating the monarch was also in residence.
Meghan's full name is Rachel Meghan Markle, but as she was referred to as Meghan is Buckingham Palace's announcement it is likely she will use this name officially.
The bride's parents divorced when she was a child.
Not much - but that doesn't mean that brands aren't going to try and cash in on Meghan Markle's and Prince Harry's big day.
SDL plc (LON:SDL) has analysts on the Bullish side this week
It has underperformed by 33.30% the S&P500.The move comes after 8 months positive chart setup for the $8.13B company. The shares were sold at an average price of GBX 2,040 ($27.67), for a total value of £816,000 ($1,106,890.94).
- Putin meets Assad, calls for 'political process' on Syria
- Europa League final: Atletico mindful of painful finals ahead of Marseille showdown
- US Surgeon General to Visit Medical Center Thursday
- Science can explain why some people hear Laurel and others hear
- Michigan State to pay $500 million to Nassar sex abuse victims
- DAY OF RECKONING: Obama Officials to Face SENATE GRILLING over Russian Federation
- President Trump lists Cohen reimbursement of up to $250K
- Iraqi Election Frontrunner Moktada al-Sadr Courts Partners to Govern
- Nokia X6 with iPhone X-like notch, dual rear cameras announced
- North Carolina teachers join 'Red for Ed' walkouts for higher pay