The New York Times reported separately this week that at least one government informant met several times with Carter Page and George Papadopoulos, both former foreign policy advisers on Mr Trump's Republican campaign. Going on to comment specifically on the allegations of an Federal Bureau of Investigation informant, Giuliani said he was "shocked to hear that they put a spy in the campaign of a major-party candidate, maybe two spies".
Mr Trump appeared to be reacting to recent news reports there may have been a top-secret source inside the Trump campaign providing intelligence to the FBI as it began its investigation into Russia's interference in the election process. He said the legal team is "pretty comfortable, in the circumstances of this case, that they wouldn't be able to subpoena him personally".
Mr Trump made the comment on the anniversary of Robert Mueller's appointment as special counsel to head the Justice Department investigation into possible coordination between Russian Federation and Trump campaign officials.
Trump did not provide any evidence beyond the National Review story, which questions the FBI's official account of the investigation's origins and the timing of Simpson's retraction. "But the president this morning is quoting a Fox News commentator as his source", Cuomo cut in, noting that Trump could just pick up the phone and ask the Justice Department himself.
Nokia X6 with iPhone X-like notch, dual rear cameras announced
In the camera department, the device offers 16MP dual camera setup on the rear and a single 16MP camera on the front for selfies. Nokia also touts presence of AI integration for improved photography with image recognition to deliver better results.
McCarthy said the FBI could not have spoken publicly before the election about the Trump-Russia investigation, as they did with the Clinton email probe, since it was classified.
"Congratulations America, we are now into the second year of the greatest Witch Hunt in American History...and there is still No Collusion and No Obstruction", Trump wrote.
If Comey was involved, said Giuliani, "he should be prosecuted..."
During a Thursday (Friday NZT) interview on Fox & Friends, Giuliani, a former NY mayor, called for an end to the Mueller probe. "This is not good for the American people, and the special counsel's office doesn't seem to have that, sort of, understanding that they're interfering with things that are much bigger than them or us".
- Jailed Malaysian politician Anwar Ibrahim walks free
- Trump's White House tackles America's most divisive question: Laurel or Yanny?
- Honor 7C expected to launch in India on May 22
- BSF Personnel Martyred in Ceasefire Violation Along International Border in Jammu
- Iraqi Election Frontrunner Moktada al-Sadr Courts Partners to Govern
- Melania has kidney surgery
- Michigan State to pay $500 million to Nassar sex abuse victims
- Gain for Pakistan's democracy, not so much for India — Civilian-military tussle
- US Surgeon General to Visit Medical Center Thursday
- Heart surgery to keep Markle's father from attending royal wedding