To sum it up, different people hear sounds in different pitches, which is why the Internet couldn't decide on which word, "Yanny" or "Laurel," the recording was saying. The talks began after 20-year-old Instagram "influencer" and YouTuber from Florida named Cloe Feldman shared an audio clip on social media asking her followers what they heard.
Teigen tried to win Kaling back with this comment: "They're saying younger, more attractive people hear yanny!". Now it's Yanny or Laurel. "I do not hear the 'r, '" one person tweeted.
First of all, the clip is, according to Sanker "not prototypical" of either laurel or yanny.
So, are you team Laurel or team Yanny?
Remember the dress that people either thought was gold and white or black and blue? It's a recording of a computerized voice saying one of the two names.
Nokia X6 with iPhone X-like notch, dual rear cameras announced
In the camera department, the device offers 16MP dual camera setup on the rear and a single 16MP camera on the front for selfies. Nokia also touts presence of AI integration for improved photography with image recognition to deliver better results.
Originally posted on Reddit, the audio illusion seems to be saying one word over and over again - which word specifically?
If you want to know what is causing this incredible rift (and some actually hear both at the same time), some internet wizards have solved the mystery. And then there are some people who claim to hear differently depending on the device we're using.
But that doesn't necessarily explain why someone would hear the lower or higher frequencies.
Chandrasekaran told The Verge that because the original recording is ambiguous - it's awful, remember? - your brain needs to fill what it thinks you should hear.
- Tesla bursts into flames after fatal crash in Switzerland
- Andy Samberg wants celeb fans to guest star on 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Hamilton storms to Spanish GP victory
- Seattle's new 'head tax' blasted by city's mega-corporations
- USA and China still "very far apart" on trade, says U.S. ambassador
- Trivia Tuesday: NBA Lottery picks from non-power schools
- Gain for Pakistan's democracy, not so much for India — Civilian-military tussle
- Rage 2 Gameplay Trailer is here, The Wasteland is One Crazy Drug!
- Microsoft Surface Hub 2 may actually make videoconferencing cool
- Slain trooper to be honored at Peace Officers Memorial