According to statistics taken from the National Law Enforcement Memorial Fund website, on average, one law enforcement officer is killed in the line of duty somewhere in the United States every 58 hours.
"The men and women who dedicate their careers to protecting the lives of others personify what it means to be a public servant and to selflessly serve their communities", Governor Malloy said. "Many of us then traveled to Little Rock to be with his family as his name was read at the Arkansas Peace Officers Memorial at the State Capitol".
Allery was fatally shot by 28-year-old Melvin Gene Delong, of Belcourt, after a pursuit on January 18, 2017.
Erie County Commissioner of Central Police Services James Jancewicz is joined by members of the law enforcement community at Friday's law enforcement memorial service at the Public Safety Campus in Buffalo. "It's fitting to remember our local law enforcement officers on a week that remembers those who dedicate their lives for the protection of others".
Louis Franklin, United States Attorney for the Middle District of Alabama, was the keynote speaker for the event.
The ride ends with a ceremony and candlelight vigil at the National Law Enforcement Memorial where the families of fallen officers were in attendance.
Pakistan played a role in 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks: Nawaz Sharif
The PML-N leader was questioning why the trial into the Mumbai attacks was stalled at a Rawalpindi anti-terrorism court. Sharif said, referring to the trial in Pakistan of those involved in the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
Trump used a ceremony honoring slain law enforcement officers to propose that cop killers face the death penalty, burnishing his tough-on-crime political credentials.
Here's a video posted last night on the Louisiana Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Facebook page. Thousands more participated via a live webcast of the ceremony provided by the Memorial Fund and Officer.
The department also remembered three of their fallen officers, including Kenny Wallace, who was shot and killed in 1994.
The president invited the family of Detective Familia up on stage to honor and recognize their loss. "We will forever honor the officers who have given their lives and we salute their service".
It's that time of year again as residents and police honor those who serve and protect for the 38th Annual Police Memorial Event. The citizens of Marshall County are very fortunate to have such an outstanding law enforcement organization as the Marshall County Sheriff's Office serving in this community.
- SC collegium reiterates Justice KM Joseph's name for elevation to SC
- Trump berates DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen over border security
- 70 officers and deputies escort fallen cop's son back to school
- North Korea has begun dismantling nuclear test site, experts say
- Ebola Outbreak Declared In Congo After 11 Cases Confirmed, 1 Death
- Yates soars into Giro lead, Chaves wins stage
- Manchester City's record breaking season by the numbers
- Karnataka registers 72.13 % turnout, better than last election in 2013
- CIA Director's Confirmation in Doubt as Sen. McCain Cites "Disturbing" Torture Role
- Militants from Pakistan responsible for Mumbai 26/11 attacks: Nawaz Sharif