Dakota Pitts, the five-year-old son of IN police officer Rob Pitts, who was shot and killed by a homicide suspect, receives a guard of honour on his first day back to school following the tragedy.
Dakota had requested that his father's friends escort him to school, and Monday, dozens of police officers lined the walk to show support.
But he didn't go back to his IN elementary school by himself on Monday as 70 of his father's coworkers were there IN uniform to escort him.
His father Rob Pitts, a 16-year veteran with the force, was tragically killed on May 4 in a shootout aged 45.
He wore his father's badge and was presented a SWAT shirt.
China's New Aircraft Carrier Heads Out for Sea Trials
Now the country only has a retrofitted Soviet-era aircraft carrier called the Liaoning , which was launched in 2012. Besides India, the US, Russia, the UK, France, Italy, Thailand and China operate a total of 18 aircraft carriers.
Wolfe was suspected of fatally shooting a 26-year-old man at a home in Terre Haute. "Blood doesn't always make family, but I think the "Blue Family" went above and beyond", said Kelli Jones, Rob Pitts' sister.
Dakota had asked his mother if one of his dad's friends could drive him to school on Monday, for his first day back following the tragedy.
Dakota's dad, Rob Pitts, was IN police officer for the Terre Haute and Sullivan police departments. Wolfe also died of a gunshot wound, but officials haven't yet released details about how he was shot.
The suspect opened fire from a second floor Terre Haute apartment building after he was approached by four investigators, police said.
- Woman arrested for stalking sent man 65k text messages
- Militants from Pakistan responsible for Mumbai 26/11 attacks: Nawaz Sharif
- Britons kidnapped in DR Congo gorilla sanctuary 'relieved' to be released
- China's ZTE says United States sanctions have crippled operations
- Islamic State group claims deadly Indonesia church attacks
- Trump berates DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen over border security
- Global Markets: Oil soars after Trump dumps Iran nuclear deal, stocks gain
- Misuderstandings over, Modi says in Nepal visit
- Tesla bursts into flames after fatal crash in Switzerland
- Microsoft Surface Hub 2 may actually make videoconferencing cool