City finished 19 points clear of second placed Manchester United - the biggest title-winning margin in the Premier League era - to emphasis the gap between the runaway champions and the chasing pack.
The 34-year-old midfielder was a true great of the game upon his arrival at the Etihad, but he became even better at City as they ended United's domination of the Manchester football scene.
Ayoze Perez scored twice after Dwight Gayle's opener to ensure Rafael Benitez's Newcastle finished an impressive 10th in the table, while Antonio Conte's side had to settle for fifth and a shot at the FA Cup in Saturday's final against Manchester United.
Swansea needed a miracle to stay up at the expense of Southampton but their 2-1 defeat at home to already-relegated Stoke put paid to any dreams of survival.
Mauricio Pochettino's side trailed three times, but a brace each for Erik Lamela and Harry Kane - the latter reached 30 goals for the league season as a result - along with an own goal from Christian Fuchs gave them victory.
There was never much chance of that but City's thrilling season was capped by another piece of individual brilliance, with Gabriel Jesus producing a superb lobbed victor in the 94th minute to spark wild celebrations. We give them two days and then go to a camp.
Hawaii braces for worse lava flows from erupting volcano
Since the volcano erupted eight days ago, fifteen large fissures have opened on the eastern flank of Kilauea . As a result of that event, the lava lake that once existed there disappeared, though one returned in 2009.
City have won an incredible 32 times in the Premier League - two ahead of Chelsea from last season.
On a day of farewells, with more than half the managers either departing or with questions about their future and several distinguished players ending their club careers, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger signed off with a 1-0 win at Huddersfield.
Swansea paid tribute to long-serving custodians Angel Rangel and Leon Britton before kickoff.
The win breaks our Club record of 31 wins in a single season, which we managed under Kevin Keegan in 2001-02 in a 46-game campaign in the second tier of English football. They also were level at 4 following Jamie Vardy's second of the night when Kane completed his brace.
"I have been able to make an impact", he said.
"Do I feel relief?"
Don't tell these clubs they had nothing to play for...
- SpaceX launch for first Falcon 9 Block 5 set for Thursday evening
- SC collegium reiterates Justice KM Joseph's name for elevation to SC
- Karnataka registers 72.13 % turnout, better than last election in 2013
- Militants from Pakistan responsible for Mumbai 26/11 attacks: Nawaz Sharif
- Global Markets: Oil soars after Trump dumps Iran nuclear deal, stocks gain
- Potential Panthers buyer recruiting Peyton Manning to ownership group
- Co-founder Sachin Bansal quits Flipkart following Wallmart takeover
- Korea says taking 'technical measures' to dismantle nuclear test site
- Palestinian killed and hundreds wounded in "Great Return March"
- At least 15 killed in Afghanistan's Jalalabad