The local officials in eastern Nangarhar province confirm that the coordinated attack on Customs Department in Jalalabad city ended with the elimination of the remaining six militants.
A gun battle continued for several hours with around a dozen attackers who ran into the building with machine guns and rocket propelled grenades.
ISIS has claimed responsibility for an attack on a government building in Afghanistan on Sunday, the group's Amaq news agency said without providing any evidence.
It was the latest deadly violence to strike Afghanistan as militant groups step up attacks and US-backed Afghan forces intensify air strikes and ground offensives. The battle took place inside a building which houses the state accounts office.
The Taliban have seized control of districts across the country, and the two groups have carried out attacks in the Afghan capital, Kabul, in recent months that killed scores of people.
Goalie Makes 94 Saves In Longest Game in AHL History
Krushnelnyski's goal was the 53 shot on Checkers goalie Alex Nedeljkovic. The game-winner came at 1:09 a.m.at Bojangles' Coliseum in Charlotte.
Security forces have cordoned off the area for precautionary measures. That attack, also claimed by Daesh, followed much the same pattern as Sunday's incident.
Earlier, he said there had been two explosions.
Public health officials said that at least 15 people, including a child, had been killed and 42 wounded. However, the Taliban is now taking part in its annual spring offensive and has launched a number of attacks in recent weeks.
Last year, U.S. stepped up its support to struggling Afghan forces, announcing plans for thousands of additional advisers and increasing air strikes in a bid to force the Taliban to enter peace negotiations.
- Palestinian killed and hundreds wounded in "Great Return March"
- Golden Knights Kind Of Looking Forward To Opening On The Road
- Yates soars into Giro lead, Chaves wins stage
- Trump berates DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen over border security
- Potential Panthers buyer recruiting Peyton Manning to ownership group
- Karnataka registers 72.13 % turnout, better than last election in 2013
- Co-founder Sachin Bansal quits Flipkart following Wallmart takeover
- Hawaii braces for worse lava flows from erupting volcano
- Mauricio Pochettino: Champions League 'massive' to Spurs new home
- China's New Aircraft Carrier Heads Out for Sea Trials