Talking to reporters Congress general secretary Ashok Gehlot said " As there is a model code of conduct in Karnataka, PM Modi planned to pray at temples in Nepal instead, just to influence voters. In 2017, Chinese firms pledged investments of more than USD8.3 billion, dwarfing Indian commitments of USD317 million, and in May a year ago Nepal signed up to Beijing's ambitious One Belt, One Road initiative.
Modi expressed his desire to travel to Lumbini, the birthplace of Lord Buddha in his future visit. "India will always stand with Nepal whether it is related to the railway, hydropower, road connectivity, integrated check post, transmission lines or oil pipelines".
Following the meeting, Modi reportedly said that "all misunderstandings with Nepal are over".
Modi held extensive discussions with his counterpart and senior government officials to better the bilateral ties that is all set to reset after New Delhi's repeated attempt to cultivate Oli-led government in Nepal in the recent months. This will be the biggest foreign investment project in Nepal.
"They also agreed that effective implementation of the bilateral initiatives in agriculture, railway linkages and inland waterways development, as agreed upon by the two sides during the recent visit of Prime Minister Oli to India, would have transformational impact in these areas", it stated.
Yesterday, he had a meeting with KP Oli, after he held a marathon delegation-level talks about the bilateral relationship between the two countries.
Excavation resumes for remains of missing girls
He drew a map of land in Macomb Township, Michigan that was owned by some friends. "About four feet", Ream answered. He "was on the way to meet her and arrived 20 minutes later and had not crossed paths with her", the database said.
The prime minister also inaugurated a Rs 6,000-crore Arun III project which was expected to generate 900 MW of power.
Earlier, in the day Modi was conferred with the guard of honour at a ceremonial function at Nepal Army Pavilion.
The Ramayan Circuit Bus Route connects Janakpur, 225 km from capital Kathmandu, to Ayodhya.
He also greeted and interacted with people waiting at the temple premises.
Modi addressed the guests present at the civic reception programme.
- Apple plans to sell video subscriptions through its TV app
- Potential Panthers buyer recruiting Peyton Manning to ownership group
- Congo Ebola outbreak kills 17 but risk of spreading is 'very low'
- Woman arrested for stalking sent man 65k text messages
- SBI investigating viral video of NC officer putting man in chokehold
- Google Assistant to book your appointments
- Pence to announce new Venezuela sanctions in speech on Monday: aide
- Vigliotti: Of primary importance - Republicans and the first primary elections
- Korea says taking 'technical measures' to dismantle nuclear test site
- 'Most Wanted' ISIS Commanders Captured in Cross-Border Sting Operation