Manning is considering an offer from billionaire Ben Navarro to join his group that is bidding on ownership of the Panthers, the Charlotte Observer reported Wednesday.
Since leaving the field, Manning has been approached by television networks but is yet to take up an offer. Manning is reportedly still considering the offer to become a limited partner.
Other known bidders include Pittsburgh Steelers minority owner David Tepper and private-equity firm CEO Alan Kestenbaum.
After earning hundreds of millions of dollars from his salary over the course of his 18-year National Football League career as well as multiple high-priced endorsement deals, Manning certainly has the money necessary to join Navarro's group. Last year, CBS Sports reported the two-time Super Bowl victor had been approached by the Cleveland Browns for a role in their front office, a rumour Browns owner Jimmy Haslam has since dismissed.
SpaceX launch for first Falcon 9 Block 5 set for Thursday evening
The satellite is expected to bring Ku-band coverage to Bangladesh and the Bay of Bengal in addition to surrounding countries. A landing attempt will occur at 8 minutes and 10 seconds after launch, aboard the Of Course I Still Love You droneship.
In December a year ago, the Panthers were put up for sale by owner Jerry Richardson, who announced his decision in the wake of allegations of workplace misconduct.
It remains to be seen if Manning will have anything to do with the new ownership of the Panthers but he's been in high demand this offseason.
Navarro has reportedly made the highest offer for the Panthers, $2.6 billion, which would set a record for the most spent to acquire a US sports team. The former Denver Broncos and Indianapolis Colts quarterback is also considered one of the most marketable athletes in the country, with more than $150 million in career income from deals with companies such as Papa John's Pizza and Nationwide insurance.
His bid has been endorsed by Richardson's son, former Panthers president Mark Richardson.
- Pence to announce new Venezuela sanctions in speech on Monday: aide
- Mauricio Pochettino: Champions League 'massive' to Spurs new home
- Father-son duo held for duping exporter
- US drone programme taps Apple but takes a pass on Amazon
- Suncoast High School earns spot on Top 100 list
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc
- Google Assistant to book your appointments
- California's new homes to have solar by 2020; SunRun shares jump
- Patience is 15th club for Jordan Spieth in Players Championship
- Vigliotti: Of primary importance - Republicans and the first primary elections