President Trump announced Thursday on Twitter that several leaders of the terror group ISIS were apprehended in a recent operation.
Iraqi officials have described the ISIS commanders as "some of the most wanted" leaders of the terrorist group.
Hisham al-Hashimi, a consultant to the Baghdad government on the anti-Daesh campaign, told Reuters on Thursday that Ismail al-Eithawi, better known by the nom de guerre Abu Zaid al-Iraqi, was captured in Turkey in February by Turkish authorities and handed over to Iraqi agents.
According to the New York Times, a cross-border sting using intelligence from both the USA and Iraq has resulted in the capture of the five senior figures. Those held include Saddam Jamal, a Syrian who served as the group's governor of Syria's eastern Euphrates region.
Among the IS leaders captured are four Iraqis and one Syrian, according to the New York Times, citing Iraqi sources.
Claims against Schneiderman follow common pattern in domestic abuse
The Manhattan District Attorney's Office said it has launched a probe into the alleged abuse . Sean Patrick Maloney. "They haven't lost any of the lawyers who are working on the cases".
His tweet came after Iraqi officials confirmed the results of the three-month cross-border operation.
We will remind that on may 6, military-air forces of Iraq attacked a position of the command of the ISIS terrorists in Syria.
Last year, the Pentagon said that there were "some indicators" that al-Baghdadi was still alive a month after Russian Federation claimed to have killed him in a strike near the Syrian city of Raqqa.
Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said last month he would "take all necessary measures" against militants based in Syria.
Abadi declared final victory last December over the ultra-hardline group within Iraq.
Islamic State militants last month restated their loyalty to Baghdadi, in what is believed to be their first public pledge of allegiance to him since his self-proclaimed caliphate in Syria and Iraq collapsed a year ago.
- Excavation resumes for remains of missing girls
- IPhone with a triple lens camera is likely to launch next year
- Warmind to Launch May 8th at 11:00 Pacific!
- Kris Jenner reveals Khloe Kardashian is struggling with breastfeeding
- Tiger Woods grouped with Phil Mickelson and Rickie Fowler at Players Championship
- Bill Gates Proclaims Crypto Governed by "Greater Fool Theory"
- Manchester City earn record-breaking farewell for Yaya Toure
- Apple plans to sell video subscriptions through its TV app
- Cannes 2018: Cate Blanchett speaks about equality at 'gladiatorial' festival
- Saudi Arabia 'to seek nuclear weapon' if Iran resumes program