Corrects to Charlotte outshooting Lehigh Valley in last paragraph.
The score was deadlocked at 1-1 for almost four and a half overtime periods until the Phantoms' Alex Krushelnyski scored the game-winner, which was presumably the most important and exhausting goal he's ever scored in his life.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - This one kept going. The American Hockey League says that's the longest game in the league's history and longer than all but three National Hockey League games ever played.
The marathon came 10 years after the previous longest game, a 2008 first-round meeting that also featured the AHL affiliates of the Flyers and Hurricanes.
Apple plans to sell video subscriptions through its TV app
Apple is following the footsteps of competitor Amazon with plans to amalgamate all of its TV subscriptions into its Apple TV app. Netflix and YouTube (owned by rival Alphabet), operate the two largest online video services in the world outside of China.
Alex Lyon passed the Phantoms' franchise record for most saves in a game with his 66th save coming in the second overtime, en route to 94 saves in the five-overtime win.
The Phantoms, who played most of the game with just five defensemen because of an injury to Samuel Morin, took a 3-1 lead in the second-round playoff series.
Lehigh Valley will have plenty of time to celebrate - and sleep.
Krushnelnyski's goal was the 53 shot on Checkers goalie Alex Nedeljkovic. The game-winner came at 1:09 a.m.at Bojangles' Coliseum in Charlotte. That demoralizing feeling has to be amplified when you consider the Checkers' shot total advantage, and the fact that the loss pushes them to the brink of elimination (3-1) in the series.
- Excavation resumes for remains of missing girls
- Manchester City earn record-breaking farewell for Yaya Toure
- Kris Jenner reveals Khloe Kardashian is struggling with breastfeeding
- Suncoast High School earns spot on Top 100 list
- Cannes 2018: Cate Blanchett speaks about equality at 'gladiatorial' festival
- Patience is 15th club for Jordan Spieth in Players Championship
- 'Most Wanted' ISIS Commanders Captured in Cross-Border Sting Operation
- California's new homes to have solar by 2020; SunRun shares jump
- Congo Ebola outbreak kills 17 but risk of spreading is 'very low'
- Google Assistant to book your appointments