Corrects to Charlotte outshooting Lehigh Valley in last paragraph.
The score was deadlocked at 1-1 for almost four and a half overtime periods until the Phantoms' Alex Krushelnyski scored the game-winner, which was presumably the most important and exhausting goal he's ever scored in his life.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - This one kept going. The American Hockey League says that's the longest game in the league's history and longer than all but three National Hockey League games ever played.
The marathon came 10 years after the previous longest game, a 2008 first-round meeting that also featured the AHL affiliates of the Flyers and Hurricanes.
Cannes 2018: Cate Blanchett speaks about equality at 'gladiatorial' festival
Blanchett, profound and lasting impact can happen through raising specific issues than mere "generalisations and pontifications". Amidst the less starry line-up at the festival, the new " Star Wars " spin-off, " Solo " is the only Hollywood blockbuster.
Alex Lyon passed the Phantoms' franchise record for most saves in a game with his 66th save coming in the second overtime, en route to 94 saves in the five-overtime win.
The Phantoms, who played most of the game with just five defensemen because of an injury to Samuel Morin, took a 3-1 lead in the second-round playoff series.
Lehigh Valley will have plenty of time to celebrate - and sleep.
Krushnelnyski's goal was the 53 shot on Checkers goalie Alex Nedeljkovic. The game-winner came at 1:09 a.m.at Bojangles' Coliseum in Charlotte. That demoralizing feeling has to be amplified when you consider the Checkers' shot total advantage, and the fact that the loss pushes them to the brink of elimination (3-1) in the series.
- Excavation resumes for remains of missing girls
- Google Assistant to book your appointments
- Pence to announce new Venezuela sanctions in speech on Monday: aide
- Suncoast High School earns spot on Top 100 list
- Father-son duo held for duping exporter
- President Sarkissian meets with newly elected PM Pashinyan
- Aron Baynes' Boston Celtics eliminate Ben Simmons' Philadelphia 76ers' season
- Patience is 15th club for Jordan Spieth in Players Championship
- Kris Jenner reveals Khloe Kardashian is struggling with breastfeeding
- Saudi Arabia 'to seek nuclear weapon' if Iran resumes program