In any event, much as I wanted to see the Sixers move on to face the Cavs, I refuse to be disappointed with the way this season ended up. He scored just a single point on 0 for 4 shooting to go along with seven assists, five rebounds and five turnovers in 31 minutes.
The 76ers' hopes of reaching the Eastern Conference Finals were dashed in Wednesday's thrilling 114-112 game-five defeat, despite Embiid and Dario Saric each contributing 27 points to the cause. The former Kansas big man faced up Celtics center Aron Baynes, drove to the paint and couldn't finish a layup or secure the ensuing offensive rebound, as Boston point guard Terry Rozier snuck in to swipe at the ball, which went out of bounds off of Embiid with just more than 10 seconds on the game clock.
Brett Brown, who coached the 76ers through horror recent years before Simmons arrived and when wins were slim, also had mixed emotions after the loss.
In every great National Basketball Association player's narrative there's a moment he'd like to forget that actually turns into a point in time that shapes the rest of his career for the better.
"We definitely have more to show".
Patience is 15th club for Jordan Spieth in Players Championship
Since then the Northern Irishman has finished eighth, sixth, eighth and 12th before a tie for 35th place a year ago . The only problem there is that Johnson, for all his ability, has never finished better than 12th at The Players.
The Eastern Conference Finals start Sunday and the Western Conference Finals start Monday.
The success of Donovan Mitchell and Jayson Tatum has greatly effected how we view rookies.
Speaking about a moment where Simmons approached him with his empty hands, Embiid said: "He was like "there's going to be a lot of rings on these". "But we committed a lot of mistakes. I'm grateful for the opportunity".
The Celtics hung off Simmons and defended his teammates tightly, making it hard for them to catch his passes and get open shots.
"I learned a lot". "We know it's going to be a physical game". "It takes time to figure that out and literally, every game is different". Despite the disappointing end for Philly, Embiid believes "The Process" has been worth it. Sounds like he's a quick learner.
- Bill Gates Proclaims Crypto Governed by "Greater Fool Theory"
- Dam Bursts In Kenya Causing 'Huge Destruction', Deaths, Says Official
- 'Most Wanted' ISIS Commanders Captured in Cross-Border Sting Operation
- Rockets-Warriors Tickets Are Most Expensive For Conference Final This Decade
- Congo Ebola outbreak kills 17 but risk of spreading is 'very low'
- Warmind to Launch May 8th at 11:00 Pacific!
- North Korea Leader Jong Un 'Secretly' Visits China
- Cannes 2018: Cate Blanchett speaks about equality at 'gladiatorial' festival
- Dressed down Queen enjoys horse show at Windsor week before Harry's wedding
- Manchester City earn record-breaking farewell for Yaya Toure