Harry Kane celebrates his goal which led to Tottenham clinching a spot in next season's Champions League.
That may have made some people overlook what the 3-1 win over Brighton meant, as three more records were broken by Pep Guardiola's Shark Team - all of them having previously been held by Chelsea.
Goals from Danilo, Bernardo Silva and Fernandinho saw City, who had suffered a goalless blip against Huddersfield Town on Sunday, take their season's total to 97 points, eclipsing Chelsea's Premier League-era record of 95 set in 2004-05.
Guardiola also said it was also fitting farewell to Yaya Toure on his final appearance for the club after eight years at the Etihad Stadium. Leonardo Ulloa scored for the visitors.
He scored the winning goals in both the semi-final and final of the 2011 FA Cup - the club's first major trophy in 35 years - which got the ball rolling in terms of wining prizes. Subscribe to our SMS sports service by texting "SPORTS" to 22840.
Nintendo Switch Online arrives in September with cloud saving, 20 NES titles
The more important features, though, are the cloud saves, which means we'll be able to save our games online for access anywhere. Nintendo says that in September , members will get access to 20 games , with more games added on a regular basis.
Toure went close to getting on the scoresheet himself when he shot at Mathew Ryan after a typical lung-bursting run shortly before being substituted to a huge ovation in the 86th minute. That is a winning team and the character this team have to have if you want to compete with Barcelona and Madrid, because they are the same.
Guardiola, who sanctioned Toure's 2010 move to City while in charge of Barca, expects a fond farewell for the 34-year-old. He left the club with a lifetime season ticket, a mosaic and a framed shirt, handed to him by his brother Kolo after the final whistle.
Club captain Vincent Kompany also paid tribute to his old friend who will go down in City folklore for his victor against United in the 2011 FA Cup semi-final and Stoke in the final that ended the club's 35-year wait for a trophy.
"I think probably the third goal, which was a poor one to concede, is the one that hurts us the most".
- Father-son duo held for duping exporter
- Kris Jenner reveals Khloe Kardashian is struggling with breastfeeding
- California's new homes to have solar by 2020; SunRun shares jump
- Victims Fatally Shot Inside Maryland Home Identified
- Cleveland Browns rumors: Jamar Taylor still being shopped
- Dam Bursts In Kenya Causing 'Huge Destruction', Deaths, Says Official
- Suncoast High School earns spot on Top 100 list
- Club Puts Iniesta's Move To China On Hold
- Bill Gates Feels Like Shorting Bitcoin If It Was Easy
- Saudi Arabia 'to seek nuclear weapon' if Iran resumes program