The businessman went to the police with a complaint and the duo was arrested and have not given any statement.
The complainant alleged that a few years ago, he came in contact with one person who told him about huge profits in dealing with Rice Puller, police said.
Two Indians have been paraded by police in homemade "space suits" after their arrest for a freaky space scam.
"[They] duped the victim on [the] pretext of arranging special suits to be worn by scientists for testing, buying chemicals required for testing, his fees etc", Mr Singh wrote on Twitter.
Bill Gates Feels Like Shorting Bitcoin If It Was Easy
He first known as bitcoin a " mirage " in 2014 - again when it was buying and selling for about $600. Winklevoss, a noted bitcoin bull, runs the Gemini exchange together with his brother Cameron.
The footage of the duo, adorned in silver space suits, being arrested by the police has since gone viral, BBC reported. "They said tests were scheduled in Hapur, but could not be held as the place was "not conducive". Later, he was made to sign another deal and paid Rs 51.1 lakh. "He said he needed seed money for this goal", joint commissioner of police Alok Kumar says.
The accused, Virender Mohan Brar and his son Nitin Mohan Brar, had claimed they wanted to test the device, a "rare piece of copper struck by thunderbolt giving it the power to pull rice".
A father-son duo parading in a space suit escorted by cops is not a common sight. He also found out that the so-called scientists were also a part of the plan and were working with the fraudsters for Rs 20,000.
At the same time, other associates of the alleged seller of the RP mounted pressure on the victim for finalisation of the deal or they would sell the RP to some other person and took him to another company M/s Stars World Heritage, East of Kailash, for sale of RP and induced him that he would not be cheated this time.
Alleged "Rice Pullar" copper plate, anti radiation scientist's suits of NASA, anti radiation chemical stickers have been recovered along with laptop, printer, blank letter heads of Rehan Metals/USA, cheque books, fake ID cards of Rehan Metals and one Audi auto. The duo spun a yarn about procuring a metal called "Rice Puller" which was highly sought after by NASA.
- Favorite Justify wins Kentucky Derby on wettest race day
- North Korea Leader Jong Un 'Secretly' Visits China
- Cleveland Browns rumors: Jamar Taylor still being shopped
- Suncoast High School earns spot on Top 100 list
- Saudi Arabia 'to seek nuclear weapon' if Iran resumes program
- Club Puts Iniesta's Move To China On Hold
- Isha Ambani, Anand Piramal to marry in December
- Rescue workers race to save 5 missing coal miners in Poland
- Rockets-Warriors Tickets Are Most Expensive For Conference Final This Decade
- Iran-backed Hezbollah, Allies Set for Major Gains in Lebanese Election