It's a case of "good news, bad news" for Nintendo fans this week.
Switch Online, which has been in development since the console launched past year, will charge a monthly fee and in return enable users to play online against others and back up data from their console to the cloud.
That's about all we know about Nintendo Switch Online at the moment.
After Nintendo Switch Online goes live, online play will only be accessible with a subscription just like Xbox Live and PSN.
Donald Glover Introduces Lando and Jams with Max Rebo on SNL
In the middle of their glossy video, the rap trio are sitting in a therapy session with Dr. On Sunday, the singer Instagrammed some photos of herself on set.
"There are now no plans to bring classic games together under the Virtual Console banner as has been done on other Nintendo systems", a Nintendo spokesperson said Tuesday. Will you be paying for Switch Online, or will you be sticking to offline gaming? A 12-month Family membership is also available for $34.99 and can accommodate up to eight Nintendo Accounts.
This'll be the first time that Nintendo has ever charged for playing online, with the service due to cost £3.49 a month, £6.99 for three months, or £17.99 for a year. Those games include Balloon Fight, Dr. Mario, Super Mario Bros. Nintendo says that in September, members will get access to 20 games, with more games added on a regular basis.
The more important features, though, are the cloud saves, which means we'll be able to save our games online for access anywhere. We'll find out more after launch.
The family membership allows the user to invite up to seven others to join a "family group". With the release window set for September 2018, Nintendo has finally revealed all of the details surrounding the system including price, subscription models, online services, and more. While it's definitely disappointing the Switch won't be getting its own Virtual Console, it doesn't seem like Nintendo has completely ruled out the ability for Switch owners to experience the classics.
- When we're most likely to see rain this weekend
- Rescue workers race to save 5 missing coal miners in Poland
- Warmind to Launch May 8th at 11:00 Pacific!
- Avengers: Infinity War Dominates with Another $275.1M Worldwide
- Savills plc (LON:SVS) Analyst Ratings as of May 6, 2018
- Isha Ambani, Anand Piramal to marry in December
- How Many Greencore Group plc (LON:GNC)'s Analysts Are Bearish?
- Imperial Capital Lowers Southwest Airlines (LUV) Price Target to $68.00
- On Twitter, Trump Urges West Virginians to Vote Against Blankenship
- IPhone 2018 - iPhone 9 to iPhone 11 What We Know So Far