Prime Minister Narendra Modi's jam packed rally was loaded with talk about heroes, Dalits and nationalism.
Accusing the Congress of side-lining stalwarts like BR Ambedkar and undivided Congress president and former Karnataka chief minister S Nijalingappa, he said the party was interested in promoting only one family and naming "thousands of schemes" after them. BJP has, however, grabbed the opportunity to hit back at Pakistan and accused it of indirectly helping the Congress party. "Veera Madakari Onake Obavva are forgotten, but for the sake of vote bank politics they have been into observing jayantis of both Sultans", he said while addressing a rally in Chitradurga.
Apart from education and liquor mafia, the mafia of cable, transfer and sand were getting stronger.
He added, "In contrast, the Congress Government in Karnataka has not shown any effort to change the lives of our weavers".
Meanwhile, incumbent Chief Minister Siddaramaiah reacting to the accusations of PM Modi said, "If BJP's callous statements on Karnataka were even remotely true, why would we be the No. 1 state in attracting investments for two years in a row?"
Amid AMU Row, Samajwadi Party Leader Compares Jinnah To Gandhi, Nehru
He said if those behind this conspiracy have the courage, they should try and have Jinnah's portrait in the HC's museum removed.
He said, on the other hand, his government has brought most comprehensive Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana to ensure farmers' welfare. Earlier, BJP had asked PM Modi to address 3 rallies in a day but keep in mind the importance of elections, numbers of rallies in a day have been increased. If they can not do anything for the welfare of the people, then they should be bidding farewell.
".And in Karnataka?" he asked the crowd, which said the Congress will be ousted from power in the southern state as well. That is why now the Congress prefers to mislead people in the name of the Dalit community. When I became the the PM, we decided to make Ram Nath Kovind the President Narendra Modi also said.
He also said that when his government assumed power there were around 18,000 villages which did not have electricity since independence, but in a time frame of just 1000 days, all such villages were powered. "They have played with sentiments and feelings of people of Chitradurga", Modi said.
While the BJP was fighting against the corrupt system, the Congress protects the corrupt, he alleged.
- NASA's Mars InSight TAKES OFF in first interplanetary launch from California
- How Many Greencore Group plc (LON:GNC)'s Analysts Are Bearish?
- Imperial Capital Lowers Southwest Airlines (LUV) Price Target to $68.00
- Mets to part ways with struggling Harvey
- Avengers: Infinity War Dominates with Another $275.1M Worldwide
- Trump Shows Sympathy for Manafort After Judge Questions Case
- Cavs vs. Raptors Live Stream
- China installs missile systems on Philippine-claimed reefs
- Adidas Avoids Criticizing Kanye West for His Slavery Remarks
- Bodycam video shows tense moments as police entered Las Vegas killer's suite