On a scorching afternoon in the capital it required a great deal of commitment to ensure Chelsea saw the game out, and the players responded by giving their all, with eight of the 11 starters covering over 10 km in the Bank Holiday heat.
Olivier Giroud's victor, headed home before half time, puts Chelsea two points behind Tottenham and three off Liverpool.
However, against a forward line that had just scored seven times in the Champions League semi-final aggregate win over AS Roma, Chelsea stood firm, and rarely looked like conceding. For this reason, I think that to win the Champions League you must be more lucky.
"We are getting three points in every game".
But back-to-back draws with West Brom and Stoke, as well as well-fought victories for Chelsea against Southampton, Burnley and Swansea, have made things hard for Liverpool. Our opponents are dropping points. We must be ready to get three points because it won't be easy.
National Basketball Association warns Drake after verbal confrontations with Cleveland Cavaliers' Kendrick Perkins
The NBA issued an official warning to Drake about 'the use of bad language, ' according to an article on Thursday by ESPN . The two got into it twice as the Cleveland Cavaliers and Toronto Raptors went at it during Game 1 of the second round.
The match finished goalless, which effectively ended Chelsea's title hopes, and Mourinho reportedly tore into Salah after the game. That doesn't sound like a holiday to me.
"We're talking about a player with specific characteristics, good technical [quality] but also very fast".
"That's not what I want to see and not what he wants to do", he said.
The Blues started the match impressively knowing that a win will help them keep serious pressure on Tottenham who now occupy fourth position on the League standings.
Mane was in a personal duel with Courtois, who kept out another powerful blast from the Senegal winger, then scrambled to his feet to deny him again from the rebound. Liverpool did plenty of pressing but could not find an equalizer.
Chelsea held on though and can turn up the pressure on both Liverpool and Tottenham further with victory over Huddersfield on Wednesday, live on Sky Sports Premier League.
- Amid AMU Row, Samajwadi Party Leader Compares Jinnah To Gandhi, Nehru
- Arizona lawmakers set stage for late-night budget debate
- China installs missile systems on Philippine-claimed reefs
- Fresh Earthquake In Hawaii Forces People From Their Homes
- Avengers: Infinity War Dominates with Another $275.1M Worldwide
- Amazon makes bid to spoil Walmart-Flipkart deal
- Tesla's Model Y Set for a New Factory and 'manufacturing revolution'
- Adidas Avoids Criticizing Kanye West for His Slavery Remarks
- HL Financial Services LLC Has $4.23 Million Position in Southwest Airlines (LUV)
- Trump Shows Sympathy for Manafort After Judge Questions Case