On a scorching afternoon in the capital it required a great deal of commitment to ensure Chelsea saw the game out, and the players responded by giving their all, with eight of the 11 starters covering over 10 km in the Bank Holiday heat.
Olivier Giroud's victor, headed home before half time, puts Chelsea two points behind Tottenham and three off Liverpool.
However, against a forward line that had just scored seven times in the Champions League semi-final aggregate win over AS Roma, Chelsea stood firm, and rarely looked like conceding. For this reason, I think that to win the Champions League you must be more lucky.
"We are getting three points in every game".
But back-to-back draws with West Brom and Stoke, as well as well-fought victories for Chelsea against Southampton, Burnley and Swansea, have made things hard for Liverpool. Our opponents are dropping points. We must be ready to get three points because it won't be easy.
How Many Greencore Group plc (LON:GNC)'s Analysts Are Bearish?
Therefore 53% are positive. 23 are the (LON:IQE)'s ratings reports on May 5, 2018 according to StockzIntelligence Inc. The firm operates through three divisions: Networks & Applications, Wireless & Positioning, and Service Assurance.
The match finished goalless, which effectively ended Chelsea's title hopes, and Mourinho reportedly tore into Salah after the game. That doesn't sound like a holiday to me.
"We're talking about a player with specific characteristics, good technical [quality] but also very fast".
"That's not what I want to see and not what he wants to do", he said.
The Blues started the match impressively knowing that a win will help them keep serious pressure on Tottenham who now occupy fourth position on the League standings.
Mane was in a personal duel with Courtois, who kept out another powerful blast from the Senegal winger, then scrambled to his feet to deny him again from the rebound. Liverpool did plenty of pressing but could not find an equalizer.
Chelsea held on though and can turn up the pressure on both Liverpool and Tottenham further with victory over Huddersfield on Wednesday, live on Sky Sports Premier League.
- Unemployment Rate Edges Down After 6 Months At 4.1%
- China installs missile systems on Philippine-claimed reefs
- Imperial Capital Lowers Southwest Airlines (LUV) Price Target to $68.00
- Mets to part ways with struggling Harvey
- NASA's Mars InSight TAKES OFF in first interplanetary launch from California
- Mendelssohn bids for racing history in Kentucky Derby at 11.50pm
- Austin-area Boy Scouts leader reacts to name change
- 3 reasons to avoid betting Justify to win
- Fresh Earthquake In Hawaii Forces People From Their Homes
- Stormy Daniels Hits the Town After 'SNL' Cameo