Infinity War becomes the 34th movie to cross $1 billion at the global box office, not accounting for inflation.
It's a 56 percent drop from its first weekend in theaters - less steep than the second weekend fall of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" (59.4 percent) or "Captain America: Civil War" (59.5 percent), but more than "Black Panther's" uniquely soft 44.7 percent sophomore weekend decline.
The film also features Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Chadwick Boseman and Tom Holland.
Avengers: Infinity War, which released on April 27, went past the Dollars one billion mark on Saturday, reports Variety. The film should have an easy path to the number two spot at the weekend box office, but it probably won't have a prayer of beating out AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR.
MGM and Lionsgate's Pantelion Films' gender-swapped remake of Garry Marshall's 1987 comedy, "Overboard" scored the highest-grossing opening weekend for Pantelion Films with a better-than-expected $14.8 million from 1,623 theaters.
National Basketball Association warns Drake after verbal confrontations with Cleveland Cavaliers' Kendrick Perkins
The NBA issued an official warning to Drake about 'the use of bad language, ' according to an article on Thursday by ESPN . The two got into it twice as the Cleveland Cavaliers and Toronto Raptors went at it during Game 1 of the second round.
"A Quiet Place" takes third with $7.6 million (cume now $159.9 million), while a weekend haul of $4.9 million positions "I Feel Pretty" at #4 (cume now $37.8 million).
The top 10 is rounded out by Tully ($3.18 million), Black Panther ($3.14 million), Truth or Dare ($1.88 million), Super Troopers 2 ($1.81 million) and Bad Samaritan ($3.9 million). "Rampage" rounded out the top 5 with $4.6 million, bumping its national total to $84.8 million.
A 43-year-old man died while watching "Avengers: Infinity War" in Indian state Andhra Pradesh's Kadapa district, Indian media reported.
Next weekend sees the arrival of Life of the Party starring Melissa McCarthy and the thriller Breaking In starring Gabrielle Union.
- IPhone 2018 - iPhone 9 to iPhone 11 What We Know So Far
- Mets to part ways with struggling Harvey
- Model 3 bottlenecks cause Tesla to burn more than just rubber
- Adidas Avoids Criticizing Kanye West for His Slavery Remarks
- Mantashe lashes Sibanye after four miners die
- Austin-area Boy Scouts leader reacts to name change
- Unemployment Rate Edges Down After 6 Months At 4.1%
- HL Financial Services LLC Has $4.23 Million Position in Southwest Airlines (LUV)
- Imperial Capital Lowers Southwest Airlines (LUV) Price Target to $68.00
- China installs missile systems on Philippine-claimed reefs