Even as the indefinite dharna and boycott of academic activities by students in Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) continued, a video of protesting students shouting slogans of "Azadi", apparently against right-wing groups, went viral on social media.
He said if those behind this conspiracy have the courage, they should try and have Jinnah's portrait in the HC's museum removed.
Addressing AMU students, he said it is one of the leading universities in the country and they (the students) should be aware of the expectations the country has from them.
Amidst the row over presence of Muhammad Ali Jinnah's portrait in the student's union office of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), the national head of All-India Muslim Mahasangh on Friday announced a reward of Rs 1 Lakh for destroying Jinnah's posters.
Cavs vs. Raptors Live Stream
LeBron had a monster night, putting up 43 points, 8 rebounds and 14 assists while shooting a ridiculous 67.9% in the game. Their beloved team had every opportunity to put up the "W" in this game only to find a way to lose out in the end.
KUTA calls for all necessary measures to prevent such attacks on minority institutions in future and also demands an immediate cessation of undue interference of few rogue politicians in the functioning of higher education institutions. "The fact remains that it was the Hindu-supremacist V.D.Savarkar who formulated the "two nation theory" and demanded partition 16 years before Jinnah, and Jinnah unlike Savarkar, fought for India's freedom and, as a lawyer, defended the great anti-imperialist Shaheed Bhagat Singh", the statement reads further. "Internet services were suspended from 2 pm and it will remain so till midnight on Saturday", district magistrate Chandra Bhushan Singh said. Police resorted to lathi charge and also used tear gas shells against the varsity students who were demanding action against the armed members of the right wing extremist organization.
Meanwhile, AMU Teachers' Association (AMUTA) has sent a memorandum to President Ram Nath Kovind asking him to "urgently institute" a high-level judicial probe into the incident.
"I have heard a portrait of Muhammad Ali Jinnah is hung inside the campus".
In the letter, the BJP leader said that he wanted to know under what circumstances the portrait of Jinnah was still placed in the university.
- Fresh Earthquake In Hawaii Forces People From Their Homes
- Arizona lawmakers set stage for late-night budget debate
- How Many Greencore Group plc (LON:GNC)'s Analysts Are Bearish?
- Mets to part ways with struggling Harvey
- Mantashe lashes Sibanye after four miners die
- HL Financial Services LLC Has $4.23 Million Position in Southwest Airlines (LUV)
- Fan gets PM Modi tattoo on his back in Karnataka's Raichur
- Chelsea close on top four with win over Liverpool
- National Basketball Association warns Drake after verbal confrontations with Cleveland Cavaliers' Kendrick Perkins
- South Korean president to visit USA ahead of Trump's North Korea visit