The incident took place Wednesday afternoon, causing a ground fall in an operating stope at the mine, with 13 mineworkers unaccounted for.
Another employee had been located, but two remained unaccounted for Friday morning.
Rescue workers prepare to rescue more than 900 miners from the Sibanye-Stillwater's Beatrix mine in South Africa in February. The trapped workers were not responding to attempts to contact or locate them, he said.
"The other two employees have been transported to hospital and are in a stable condition". The Department of Mineral Resources and all unions have been notified and are on site to assist with the rescue efforts.
Armenian opposition block nominates Prime Minister
Later on in Armenia , one of the parties withdrew from the ruling coalition, but opposition protests have not stopped. But my first step will be the creation of safeguards to conduct legal, honest and fair elections", he told reporters.
"In late March, NUM said data showed that almost a third of fatalities in the mining industry since January had occurred at Sibanye Stillwater mines".
A miner has died at a Sibanye-Stillwater mine outside Johannesburg after a seismic event‚ the company said.
"Greater attention must be paid to issues of mine safety and protection of lives, as opposed to the insistence of chasing production", he said. "After a record period of 155 days fatality-free for the gold operations, there were three separate incidents at our South African gold operations, in which four employees were fatally injured".
Thirteen miners were initially trapped about 3km below the surface but rescuers managed to get several out, company spokesperson James Wellsted told AFP.
- China installs missile systems on Philippine-claimed reefs
- Facebook blames 'bug' for unusual hate speech prompt
- Cavs vs. Raptors Live Stream
- ETA: Basque Separatist Group Disbands After Decades Of Conflict
- Demand push for manufacturing in April as PMI rises to 51
- May Marks The Start Of Severe Weather Season In Colorado
- Cavaliers vs. Raptors Game 1
- Armenian Parliament Rejects Opposition Leader Pashinian As PM
- Amazon makes bid to spoil Walmart-Flipkart deal
- Louis Tomlinson proud to share name with Prince Louis