It appeared to be a glitch because the question was asked below every single post on some user feeds.
Indeed, this would explain why the question "Does this post contain hate speech?" was seemingly showing up on every post earlier today. The Times spoke with advocacy groups who flag alarming content to Facebook, but they say not much is being done.
Tuesday was also the first day of F8, the social network's annual developer conference, where it was expected to address numerous privacy changes and quality-control measures put in effect since it was reported that data firm Cambridge Analytica allegedly abused the private information of up to 87 million Facebook users for political operations.
However, Facebook determined a bug caused the internal feature to launch publicly.
Ana Navarro: Give Nobel Peace Prize To Michelle Wolf For WHCD Gig
Former press secretary Sean Spicer implied that her performance was a "total disgrace" (to which Wolf tweeted "Thank you!"). The full interview will be available Tuesday afternoon, but NPR released Monday some choice excerpts from the conversation.
"This was an internal test we were working on to understand different types of speech, including speech we thought would not be hate", a Facebook spokesperson told Fortune. We expect to see a number of announcements related to News Feed, which Facebook is constantly tinkering with. Many immediately questioned if the feature was test - perhaps a premature one - from Facebook, which has made eliminating hate speech a priority. Last week, it published its previously secret guidelines for censors for the first time.
He tweeted one of CEO Mark Zuckerberg's posts as an example.
But artificial intelligence needs data so it can be trained. Regardless of what the initiative will ultimately look like, its accidental launch shows that Facebook is trying to do more to stop hate speech.
- Paul Haynes, who studied the killer for years, thinks ancestry websites helped
- Undistracted by FBI visit, Emelianenko wins by TKO over Mir
- One-Handed Player Shaquem Griffin Makes NFL History With Seahawks Draft
- Judge tosses Manafort civil suit challenging special counsel
- Mueller has list of questions for Trump
- USA crude rises on concern over Iran sanctions, Venezuelan output
- Kanye West opens up about his 2016 nervous breakdown in new interview
- North Korea Meeting Could Happen in Korean DMZ
- Ashley Judd sues Harvey Weinstein, says tried to hurt career
- Taiwan condemns China's deal to establish ties with Dominican Republic