"Spider-Man: Homecoming" was a soaring success.
Avengers: Infinity War is a box office monster: it snagged $39 million just from Thursday night previews in the United States, before taking an astronomical $106m on its opening day. Avengers ' earnings: Infinity War, in addition, are counted without money from China, where film will premiere on May 11.
For the majority of moviegoers who stayed for the "Infinity War" post-credit scene, they would have read that the Philippines received a shoutout. The film has also broke the record for biggest comic book/superhero opening of all time.
Thousands attend funeral after Houthi chief killed in Yemen
Yemenis inspect the site where an alleged Saudi-led airstrike hit houses at a neighborhood in Sanaa, Yemen. Saudi state-run tv provided the report early Saturday, saying greater than 50 have been killed .
Meanwhile, "Infinity War" is off to a super start, nabbing the fourth biggest preview gross ever and earning $95 million in 43 countries ahead of what could be a record-breaking debut in North America. Bringing together superheroes from across the Marvel Universe, Infinity War keeps you hooked till the end and leaves you gasping for more. The company's summer slate will be key in reviving the North American box office and generating growth for theatre owners after a tough 2017.
Walt Disney Co.'s "Avengers: Infinity War" kicked off the summer movie season with the second-biggest domestic debut in history. It scored an "A" CinemaScore from opening day audiences as well. And it's highly likely that superfans will boost the gross by returning to theatres multiple times.
Despite it not being too far out from release, the plot of the film has remained a complete mystery - leaked set photos aside.
With a domestic total of $148 million, the horror film is expected to pass "Star Trek: Beyond" and its domestic total of $158.8 million, making it the biggest domestic release for Paramount since "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" in July 2015. The box-office numbers are out and we are totally impressed.
And staying at No. 3 this week is "I Feel Pretty", bringing in an estimated $8 million.
- North Korea Meeting Could Happen in Korean DMZ
- Paul Haynes, who studied the killer for years, thinks ancestry websites helped
- Derrius Guice surprised after falling to Redskins late in Round 2
- Thousands rally against drug cartel violence in Mexico following film students' deaths
- Pompeo says no Trump decision yet on Iran nuclear deal
- Undistracted by FBI visit, Emelianenko wins by TKO over Mir
- Syrian Army clears Damascus southern outskirts of terrorism
- Is Royal Dutch Shell plc (NYSE:RDS.B) A Great Dividend Stock?
- Burning Man Founder Larry Harvey Has Passed Away
- One-Handed Player Shaquem Griffin Makes NFL History With Seahawks Draft