The 6-foot-5, 256-pound Goedert played four seasons at South Dakota State and is known for his pass-catching ability. He had over 1,100 yards receiving in his junior and senior seasons. Goedert is a solid candidate to absorb the snaps left behind by Trey Burton.
Eagles player personnel chief Joe Douglas was impressed with Goedert's size and agility for a big man. "Tonight, I'm representing the Philadelphia Eagles". Burton and Celek's contributions will need to get filled and Goedert has the versatility to fill both of their spots.
Goedert said he's had some interaction with Wentz leading up to the draft with the two former Missouri Valley stars sharing the same Rep 1 Sports agency out of Irvine, Calif. Goedert said Wentz was one of the first people to send him a text message after Goedert got the call from the Eagles.
After some fans understandably question selecting a 5-foot-9 cornerback in the fourth round with other, seemingly more pressing needs like safety, offensive line and wide receiver still on the board, Howie Roseman stuck true to his "best player available" mantra, and now looks like a genius following the Dallas Cowboys' recent trade for 5-foot-8 speedster Tavon Austin.
Janelle Monae Comes Out As Pansexual And Explains Why She Was Closeted
Monáe, who grew up in a Baptist family in Kansas, had been known to dodge interview questions about her sexuality. Janelle Monáe appears on our latest cover. "If you listen to my albums, it's there". "This album is for you".
Peele said he patterns his game after National Football League tight ends Travis Kelce and Zach Ertz. Goedert said he started to tear up after he received the call from the Eagles.
The team still has another pick in the sixth round (No. 206) and one in the seventh (No. 250).
Goedert's Senior Bowl week was cut short because of a hamstring injury, which kept him from running the 40-yard dash at the combine and his pro day.
"It's a unique position because there's run and pass involved", Pederson said.
Even though the Eagles had to trade down and then back up again, getting Goedert with the 49th pick in the second round brings a ton of value to the selection for the quality of player they're getting in return.
- Michael Cohen To Plead The 5th On Stormy Daniels
- 2 positions Giants should address on third day of draft
- Charlotte, 2, almost steals the show
- In the US Senate offered to give Trump a Nobel peace prize
- European Central Bank Leaves Interest Rates Unchanged
- Thousands attend funeral after Houthi chief killed in Yemen
- Pompeo says no Trump decision yet on Iran nuclear deal
- Trump to visit to the United Kingdom on a Friday the 13th
- Tattered textbooks and cockroach infested buildings: Inside the Arizona teachers' strike
- Democrats claim Diamond & Silk lied over Trump payments in congressional hearing