The iPhone's 3D Touch feature, which enables gestures based on how much pressure is used when tapping the screen, may not be the most popular or useful thing about the device, but it's become well ingrained throughout iOS since its debut on the iPhone 6s in 2015. According to KGI's note, to compensate the high cost of the panel Apple might remove the 3D Touch functionality on the 6.1-inch iPhone 2018.
In an earlier report we were led to believe the new lower-end iPhone would include 3D Touch, however, it appears this will not be the case due to cost constraints. This construction could benefit by making the screen of the iPhone stronger and much more resistant to cracking and breaking, which indeed would prove to be a much-required improvement. It's unclear at this time what this layer is for, however, it will be increasing the cost of the touch panel by 15%. The company is using LCD screen instead of OLED on the cheapest iPhone and will have Glass cover sensor.
Rick Zamperin: Maple Leafs fall apart in Game 7, season is over
So the guy pushing you out wants you to be safe, then he wants you to make plays. "They can do it either way", Cassidy said. The Boston Bruins eliminated the Toronto Maple Leafs from the playoffs Wednesday, in Game 7 of the first-round series.
Other reports also suggest that Apple will ditch 3D Touch from all of its phone starting from 2019.
If Apple chose to not include 3D Touch, it'd be interesting to see what users think, as the feature is considered useful by some and pointless by others. Kuo, in previous notes, has also mentioned that the 6.1-inch model might be available in two variants, one that comes with regular single SIM card support and the second with dual-SIM dual standby support. However, it looks like the company is set to drop the feature since users are not using the feature. It most probably may not be that the rivals of Apple were not capable of copying the 3D Touch, but they may have simply understood that the technology is particularly not useful.
- Thousands attend funeral after Houthi chief killed in Yemen
- Ten people killed in Toronto van attack
- 2 positions Giants should address on third day of draft
- In the US Senate offered to give Trump a Nobel peace prize
- Pompeo says no Trump decision yet on Iran nuclear deal
- Democrats claim Diamond & Silk lied over Trump payments in congressional hearing
- Ford dropping all but 2 cars from its North American dealerships
- Trump to visit to the United Kingdom on a Friday the 13th
- Patton Oswalt credits late wife Michelle in Golden State Killer case
- Charlotte, 2, almost steals the show